• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Men's bball: What's your take so far?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

I must admit this hire has me eating a lot of crow so far.

I was pretty down when I learned that we threw that much money and that length of a contract down on a retread coach who was fired so recently.

But his press conference reminded me of Seth when he got hired, somebody with lots of energy. BUT --give me a million reasons and I'll get pumped up like you wouldn't believe.

And then he brought on some excellent assistants, including Wagers, who's been an avid Bulls fan for years with some interesting insights about USF bball. Chad Dollar, who doesn't remember him from the Dobras days? Can't go wrong there.

They replenished the roster like gangbusters --ain't ever seen anything like it! USF men's bball recruiting? Sounds like "jumbo shrimp," just doesn't fit somehow...

I'm too far beaten down by the history of the men's bball program (+ fresh wounds by the antigua brothers) to dare say that I feel "hope" or anything remotely close. But this new staff has my attention. That's something!

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/usfs-brian-gregory-praises-staff-for-re-loading-roster/2324444

[...] Gregory described it as four frenetic weeks of traveling, evaluating, phoning and caffeinating.

"It was non-stop. I mean, it was all day and all night on the phone," the native Chicago North Sider (and Cubs fan) said.

"There were times in there where we could get out, so now we're flying, driving, going to see as many of these kids as we could. ... So if we weren't on the phone or in the gym or watching film, then we were in the staff room going down our list and trying to put the guys in order in terms of priority list.

"The thing I'm comfortable with, in each one of those areas, those kids were our top priorities. So I feel good about that." [...]

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,466
  • Days Won:  43

Like to see 500. Then NIT in a few years. Big Dance in 4 years 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

Seems like he has come in, juiced up on the Green and Gold and has a year by year plan for the program; which is great because maybe he doesn't bounce at the first major job offer he gets (if there is success of course.) Love the energy and everyone who talks to him says he is a bright basketball mind and is not intimidated by the rebuild so I'm excited. I may....may.....maaaaaaaay swing for season's tickets. Never before, but what the heck? What's the price range from? 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,686
  • Days Won:  424

34 minutes ago, Ionbull said:

I may....may.....maaaaaaaay swing for season's tickets. Never before, but what the heck? What's the price range from?

2017mbbseatmapweb.jpg

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

No losses so far, so I its going good.  I've entertained getting some tickets this year too.  I haven't seen them play live for a few seasons now.  Love the updated Sun Dome too. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

14 hours ago, Triple B said:

2017mbbseatmapweb.jpg

Thanks that's helpful, and clearly something I could've googled myself haha.

I almost wish there was a half and half season ticket for men's and women's. Want to do one or the other but probably not both. What are the single game tickets generally like? 

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Another interview of CBG.

The Tao of Brian Gregory

The new Bulls head basketball coach inherits one of the toughest jobs around. But he’s not intimidated in the slightest; he’s a coaching lifer, and he’s been here before.

by Collin Sherwin@USFCollin  May 19, 2017, 10:43am EDT

http://www.thedailystampede.com/2017/5/19/15640338/brian-gregory-usf-bulls-mens-basketball-coach-interview

Edited by Mama_Bull

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,564
  • Days Won:  28

I'm excited about the basketball team. And say we make the sweet 16 dammit! 

usf.JPG

• Upvote 1