• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF football draft pick history

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

13 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Ga covered it earlier but it's doubtful any GM without a top 5 pick is going to meet/call a potential signee 2 days before the draft just to tell him that they will draft him if he's there. What would be the point? My guess is that MJ believes he heard that but I can't figure under what circumstances BA would make that statement that far away from the actual pick.

Plus the article was written by the BM so who knows what little nuances he just threw in there on his own.

Did Allen ever dispute what MJ said to Brett which was printed in that article?

If so, please provide a link.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

1 hour ago, Mama_Bull said:

Did Allen ever dispute what MJ said to Brett which was printed in that article?

Don't know if he ever addressed what the BM wrote, one way or the other ... probably because nobody cared enough to ask him about it ... although you'd think there were plenty of opportunities to address it as AT crashed and burned here. Maybe BA was drunk if/when he said it because I've still yet to hear a possible reason why a gm would say that to a 20th pick, 2 days before the draft.

• Downvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,089
  • Days Won:  469

4 hours ago, E.T. said:

Remember the VP of the NFL that was naming off the picks ... looked at the card and said, "This must be some kind of a record."

Think it was Gene Washington. 

7 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Don't know if he ever addressed what the BM wrote, one way or the other ... probably because nobody cared enough to ask him about it ... although you'd think there were plenty of opportunities to address it as AT crashed and burned here. Maybe BA was drunk if/when he said it because I've still yet to hear a possible reason why a gm would say that to a 20th pick, 2 days before the draft.

Notables

·   The Bulls are also ranked No 23 according to USA Today, No. 26 in the eyes of the NCBWA and check in at No. 25 in RPI.op

Perhaps because he was feeing pressure from BUC and USF fans to draft him and really did not think he would have to eat his words to MJ.

Last week, before the draft, the BUCS put out a statement to the effect that they would not be pressured to draft the popular choice. I assumed that they were talking about not having to draft another fan favorite Marlon Mack.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

I guess the point is that in my mind the Bucs are cursed until they draft a USF Bull lol. They could draft a kicker or something. Maybe next draft they will exorcise those demons and give into the dark side by drafted a Bull.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

3 hours ago, Brad said:
7 hours ago, E.T. said:

Remember the VP of the NFL that was naming off the picks ... looked at the card and said, "This must be some kind of a record."

Think it was Gene Washington. 

Anybody have  video of this sequence?

If so, we should have a subset of the "Classic Games" thread for "Classic Clips"

3 hours ago, Mama_Bull said:

Last week, before the draft, the BUCS put out a statement to the effect that they would not be pressured to draft the popular choice. I assumed that they were talking about not having to draft another fan favorite Marlon Mack.

Could be mistaken but I'm guessing they were talking about Cook ...

2 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

I guess the point is that in my mind the Bucs are cursed until they draft a USF Bull lol. They could draft a kicker or something. Maybe next draft they will exorcise those demons and give into the dark side by drafted a Bull.

Don't need to draft one, just have one on the roster .... we've never won a Super Bowl without one there, you know.

14 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Could be mistaken but I'm guessing they were talking about Cook ...

That is also possible.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

23 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

That is also possible.

Yeah that's how I understood that statement. There were a lot of Buc fans that are also FSU fans that were very vocal about Licht drafting Cook if he was there; to the point that it should be a "no brainer." Licht hit a HR this draft honestly. It's a shame that Mack was about five picks away.