• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

With Smith hired: I have 2 season tickets 4 sale

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480
  • Days Won:  0

it could be looked at as someone not a fan or it can also be looked at as "tough love"

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

Just joking.   Give the guy a chance before we rip him a new one.  As far as not developing QBs lets just say banks and julmiste weren't going to be good no matter who their coach was.  So lets wait and see how the O plays this year with hopefully either Denson, Hill, or Grothe running the show.

Sigh...you just don't get it do you.  Now I'm not gonna go off and be a dumbazz and quit watching usf football because of this move...

But that doesn't change the fact that on the surface it is the least intelligent move this young football program has ever, EVER made.  It makes me sick to see it.  I mean it.  I am horrified because I know my bulls are guaranteed to win fewer games with this clown coaching vs somebody competent.

You can say that julmiste and banks were beyond help all you like.  Sure...blame the players.  But let's just assume for a second they both lack composure and can't learn the system.  This moron coach could have trained somebody intelligent to make intelligent throws.  He could have put at least ONE PLAYER over 50% completions consistently.

In short, Smith has not done a SINGLE thing at USF to earn a promotion.  His job should have been on the line BEFORE hobbie.  Hobbie didnt call perfect plays, but many of them would have worked if they had a guy who could throw somewhere other than a receiver's feet.

Smith deserves consideration for firing, not a promotion.  Don't tell me not to rip on the guy, he's done nothing for this program except produce two miserable quarterbacks with still no sign of benefit from his training to be seen.  At least hobbie did SOME things right.

If this works out, I'll be happy, but I'll also be shocked.  Right now, I WANT to be eating my hat, but there's just not a single way I can see this as being a good hire for us.  I'd have rather hired a good madden player to call plays than a proven failure...jeebus.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i will watch and root  for the bulls but i will not pay for the  privilege

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267

This team is at a crossroads, we have a couple of seasons to turn this team into a competitive force in the Big East or possibly become the next Temple of the Big East, and decisions like this looks like we are headed more in the direction of Temple.  So I am concerned, like everyone else.  

As Jim said, what other recourse as fans do we really have to show our displeasure that the atheltic department would actually listen?  You tell me.  

When Hobbie left the program a lot of members on this board were excited with the idea that we can finally take a step foward, the possibilities were great.  But with this hire it seems we are taking a step back instead of foward and it is very discouraging, and I have a feeling that this decision will begin to chip away at all the progress that the program has achieved thus far.  And so I guess according to Mike's logic as a real fan I should just sit on my ass and look through my rose colored glasses and hope for the best instead of taking any kind of action to try and right the ship, because that is what a "real fan" would do.  

You are a "real fan" and those who speak out are traitors?  Give me a F***ing break.  Get off of your high horse.  It is a good thing you are graduating because all of those studies are starting to cloud your brain.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  165

My take:

Let me put this as simply as possible.

In terms of my support for the Bulls-- barring a complete personal financial collapse -- I will be buying/donating/attending and supporting the Bulls until the day I die as much as I can.

I don't mind someone being upset about certain aspects of the program-- that is their right as free citizens of this country.

This is just how I roll -- I support the Bulls regardless of the situation. If we never win another football game the rest of my life-- I will still be there with my support.

In that regard-- how I feel about the hire or other situations is not relevant when weighed against my long term commitment to USF.

It is entirely possible that someone who is not competant at being a QB coach can be a freaking mastermind as an OC. Until given the chance to show what he can do, I'll give Smith and Leavitt the benefit of the doubt and refrain from publicly decreeing this as a horrible manuever. I'll admit that success at this time is predicted to be a longshot and that was not solely based on who our OC was anyway.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687

Sigh...you just don't get it do you.  Now I'm not gonna go off and be a dumbazz and quit watching usf football because of this move...

But that doesn't change the fact that on the surface it is the least intelligent move this young football program has ever, EVER made.  It makes me sick to see it.  I amean it.  I am horrified because I know my bulls are guaranteed to win fewer games with this clown coaching vs somebody competent.

You can say that julmiste and banks were beyond help all you like.  Sure...blame the players.  But let's just assume for a second they both lack composure and can't learn the system.  This moron coach could have trained somebody intelligent to make intelligent throws.  He could have put at least ONE PLAYER over 50% completions consistently.

In short, Smith has not done a SINGLE thing at USF to earn a promotion.  His job should have been on the line BEFORE hobbie.  Hobbie didnt call perfect plays, but many of them would have worked if they had a guy who could throw somewhere other than a receiver's feet.

Smith deserves consideration for firing, not a promotion.  Don't tell me not to rip on the guy, he's done nothing for this program except produce two miserable quarterbacks with still no sign of benefit from his training to be seen.  At least hobbie did SOME things right.

If this works out, I'll be happy, but I'll also be shocked.  Right now, I WANT to be eating my hat, but there's just not a single way I can see this as being a good hire for us.  I'd have rather hired a good madden player to call plays than a proven failure...jeebus.

Hey Pdiddy  did you get the post.  It said I was joking.  I AM NOT GETTING RID OF MY SEASON TICKETS. From your reply I can't tell if you are calling me out or just making a general comment.  

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

This team is at a crossroads, we have a couple of seasons to turn this team into a competitive force in the Big East or possibly become the next Temple of the Big East, and decisions like this looks like we are headed more in the direction of Temple.  So I am concerned, like everyone else.  

As Jim said, what other recourse as fans do we really have to show our displeasure that the atheltic department would actually listen?  You tell me.  

When Hobbie left the program a lot of members on this board were excited with the idea that we can finally take a step foward, the possibilities were great.  But with this hire it seems we are taking a step back instead of foward and it is very discouraging, and I have a feeling that this decision will begin to chip away at all the progress that the program has achieved thus far.  And so I guess according to Mike's logic as a real fan I should just sit on my ass and look through my rose colored glasses and hope for the best instead of taking any kind of action to try and right the ship, because that is what a "real fan" would do.  

You are a "real fan" and those who speak out are traitors?  Give me a F***ing break.  Get off of your high horse.  It is a good thing you are graduating because all of those studies are starting to cloud your brain.

Speak out all you want, I would encourage that.  But anyone that makes a decision to withdraw financial support based upon this hire is NOT A FAN.  There is NO ACTION WHATSOEVER THAT YOU OR ANY OTHER SO-CALLED FAN CAN DO TO "RIGHT THE SHIP".  Get off your high horse if you think that you know more than Coach Leavitt on how to run a college football program.  Be a fan, not a fool.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

Hey Pdiddy  did you get the post.  It said I was joking.  I AM NOT GETTING RID OF MY SEASON TICKETS. From your reply I can't tell if you are calling me out or just making a general comment.  

Yeah i got it, but i wanted to ignore you and rip on him anyway ;).

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267

Mike, I am not claiming that I am all knowing when it comes to running a football team, but even I know this hire was a horrible decision.  Almost everyone on this board would agree with that.  Most are willing to give CJL the benefit of the doubt, but still however agree it is a horrible decision.  So what does this say about CJL's ability to run a college football team?  I dont know only the future can will tell us.

And just for the record, maybe I wasnt totally clear.  I wasnt meaning for everyone to demand refunds tomorrow for this coming seasons season tickets based on the hiring of Smith.  I am looking more towards next season. I just have a bad feeling that this is going to be Mike Hobbie all over again.  Smith will come in, run the offense terribly and CJL will refuse to get rid of him just as he did with Hobbie and it will set back our program a couple of more years. So if this scenario played out, and once again this offseason it is painfully obvious that Smith should be fired (should never had been hired in the first place) and CJL refuses to get rid of him, that is more along the lines of what I was referring to.  And if that is the case, then I will consider not renewing my season tickets, and purchase a couple of single game tickets and watch them on TV and support the team that way.  And maybe that only makes me a "fan" unworthy receiving your label of "real fan" but somehow I think I will get by without your approval.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

Just win Baby!