• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  16
  • Days Won:  0

$29MM worth of improvments, I have only been to the Sundome twice, once for a Boston Concert and the other for a USF basketball game.  I know you can't build a new arena for that amount, but from a Bull's fan, would you rather save the $29MM and put that towards building a new arena.  Its just the Sundome is so 70's.  I know UF has one as well, but I would say the same thing about theirs.

Your thoughts?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

you can't build an arena, but apparently you can build a football stadium for not much more than that.

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657

you can't build an arena, but apparently you can build a football stadium for not much more than that.

Ouch....

When they finish renovating the SunDome it's going to be a first class facility.

Guest S.  Bien
$29MM worth of improvments, I have only been to the Sundome twice, once for a Boston Concert and the other for a USF basketball game.  I know you can't build a new arena for that amount, but from a Bull's fan, would you rather save the $29MM and put that towards building a new arena.  Its just the Sundome is so 70's.  I know UF has one as well, but I would say the same thing about theirs.

Your thoughts?

Disagree.  The cost to build something comparable would be in the mind-numbing total of $70MM.  The $29MM will be enough to put the SunDome back into moderized solid BE structure.  You don't need to rebuild just renovate a facility that's been begging for renovation for years.   That money will do wonders to the perception and appearance.  Be happy, and the money will also improve the facilities for the basketball and volleyball teams.  My understanding is some of that $29MM is going toward building practice courts and a coaches observation deck for hoops which will be added on in the area that once housed Greenbergopolis.   Overall it will be a marvelous building when completed, and give our programs all the modern amenities.

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

Are any designs of the scheduled updates available?

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

This is all RMC's idea to once and for all rid the world of loyal Seth fans by building on top of the sacred grounds of GreenbergOpolis. The USF baskebtall gods will not let this one go unnoticed... let the burial process begin as GreenbergOpolis joins the more infamous act of Death Row forever.

Just kidding about the RMC comment... hahaha... everyone can readjust their panties and go back to looking at the Sun Doll thread!

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

wedgieflyer.jpg

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

With the year we got coming up in BB I hope they take those crappy scoreboards down and don't put anything back up but a shot clock.  

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  157

I think i heard somewhere that they were going to try to put up a good center scoreboard for the BE.