• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What sport do you want to see added at USF?

Guest Sprtsfn627

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  433
  • Days Won:  0

whoever says bowling isn't a sport, roll a 300 game and then call me. takes Concentration, Form.. Adjustments, Pressure.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  76

whoever says bowling isn't a sport, roll a 300 game and then call me. takes Concentration, Form.. Adjustments, Pressure.

no offense but this reminds me of....

Chubbs: Golf requires concentration and focus.

Happy Gilmore: Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass.

just replace golf with bowling and goofy pants with a plate of nachos and you're all set.

http://www.bushwood.net/gilmore/happy007.JPG

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

men's lacrosse.  Awesome sport, as those who have seen it in person can attest to.

Agreed, but the Big East doesn't do men's lacrosse.

I went to a school in the Baltimore area that is a perennial NCAA tournament school in men's lacrosse, and it's a great springtime sport to compliment football in the fall. Unfortunately, I think the next closest D-1 lacrosse school would be somewhere in North Carolina. There are a few prep schools in Miami that play lacrosse.

If USF is going to add something my vote would be swimming/diving as it is a better fit and I believe we had a very good program at one point...

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

Alright, but so does being a top 100 player in ncaa football 2005.  Concentration is key.  How you hold and use the controller matters.  How you adjust to your opponent can decide games, and when you play another top 1000 player, there's a hellva lot of pressure.

I am currently "only" in the top 500, but I've been as high as 38th.  Does that make the GAME a sport?

Games are games, and both bowling and the video game are examples of terrific quality games that require skill.  Still doesn't make them sports.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  243

Growing up in the backyard of Rutgers, I recall the girlies really getting in to Field Hockey and Lacrosse. Either one of those would be fine, because the skirts would be cool. Or swimming for obvious reasons.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Of the Big East sports, only Swimming and Diving makes sense to me.  Start with the women to keep all the Title IXers happy, add Men's later if at all.  I don't much get into the Women's Soccer or Basketball as I am used to the competition, strength, speed and athleticism in Mens sports (okay, boo me).  In a sport like Diving, the requirements for such are much more level.  Men and women's diving has equal appeal (lean to the ladies  ;)) compared to Men and Womens Basketball.  Call me what you will, but that is the sole reason I would select Diving and Swimming over a Women's Field Hockey or Lacrosse team.

Guest AstroBull

Underwater basketweaving.  But seriously Lacrosse or swimming/diving would be my 2 picks

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  552

Last season we measured the sun dome to put in ice, so the Ice Bulls could have ice on campus. There was a possible sponsor who was willing to put in ice, it turns out it was a few feet short, and the way the Sun Dome is set up would not allow us to remove rows.

As awesome as it would be for the Ice Bulls to become NCAA, the closet school is Huntsville and other teams would need to make the jump also. Title Nine also holds us back.

www.Icebulls.org for the Ice Bull site, and if you want to sponsor or donate so that the team can purchase one of three items much needed (all tax deductable with great gifts for donating (jerseys and such)) then email USFICEBULLS@AOL.com

• Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

Lacrosse

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

womens lacrosse is a joke. no contact is allowed

why add anysports

use resources to improve sports we have