• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF Stadium Opening in 2006 in Jeopardy

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Yes...

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  43
  • Days Won:  0

Yes...

I hope they are holding the land for a football stadium some day.    Playing at RJS is nice, but owning your own place is much better college atmosphere.  

Guest S.  Bien

I hope they are holding the land for a football stadium some day.    Playing at RJS is nice, but owning your own place is much better college atmosphere.  

Sure it is, but playing in RJS is also nice.  So, since we're about to undertake a massive capital campaign and athletic facility restructuring it's a good bet we'll stick around in 'lowly' RJS for a few more years.  In four years we'll have the SunDome with $30MM of improvements to include practice courts, completely redoing the basketball and volleyball training facilities and offices (luxury suites, new scoreboards, concessions, lobbies and seats), a new baseball and softball stadium, new soccer stadium, new track and field complex, new tennis complex, extra practice fields, and an addition onto already new facility.

We've got a bit much on our plate to worry about a stadium just yet.  Plus, as some have suggested, USF will wait to see how UCF's football stadium turns out and then make a determination on how to proceed with a football stadium.  If your plans go well, and your stadium looks good in 3 years then UCF will have shown us the way to build a good quality stadium with a cost effective approach.  Until then we'll worry about finishing the other capital improvements, and by that time the stadium will be our only major endeavor yet to be completed.  Hopefully yours will be a nice stadium and you'll give us some great ideas on how to build one under $70MM instead of under $170MM.

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

I'm glad to see a little realism setting on in this project. A Fall 06 opening would be very optimistic, even if they broke ground on it tomorrow. If UCF can accept that it won't be ready until 07, I think the whole project becomes a lot more feasible.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  677

I think U push for 06 until it cant be done then u make sure its ready for 07.  Nothing that has happened yet has any effect... BOT can do their vote anytime... every thing that can be done right now is being done without final approval.. June 7 is the big day.. if water permit is finished as expected... the rest needs to follow very quickly... if it doesnt than it will most likely be 07

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

The 2006 season is less than 16 months away. I think the project is already in the "can't be done" timeframe and should officially be moved to 2007. Though we may have to agree-to-disagree on that point.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

another mazza prediction comes true

there will never be a stadium at ftu/ou/oc for football

how silly

they don't know how to play the game

they haven't won a game for 1.5 seasons

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

usf will destroy ftu/ou/oc

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

usf will destroy ftu/ou/oc

Maybe if our defense does all the scoring

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

I'm glad to see a little realism setting on in this project. A Fall 06 opening would be very optimistic, even if they broke ground on it tomorrow. If UCF can accept that it won't be ready until 07, I think the whole project becomes a lot more feasible.

As the saying goes....You aim for the Stars (2006 Opening), but you land on the Moon instead (2007 opening) that's still pretty good.

KL