• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF Stadium Opening in 2006 in Jeopardy

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  43
  • Days Won:  0

another mazza prediction comes true

there will never be a stadium at ftu/ou/oc for football

Care to wager?  I don't think 2006 is possible, but 2007 could easy be achieved.  

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  67

The 2006 season is less than 16 months away. I think the project is already in the "can't be done" timeframe and should officially be moved to 2007. Though we may have to agree-to-disagree on that point.

I just don't get these types of posts.  None of us here have anything to do with what is happening inside UCF.  For you to say what the status of the project is, is just pulling stuff out of your butt.  UCF said all along that is it could break ground in June, it could make it for 2006.  As far as I know, its still May, thus, its still a possibility.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

I just don't get these types of posts.  None of us here have anything to do with what is happening inside UCF.  For you to say what the status of the project is, is just pulling stuff out of your butt.  UCF said all along that is it could break ground in June, it could make it for 2006.  As far as I know, its still May, thus, its still a possibility.

I believe his point is that construction schedules have a tendency of being too aggressive as it is, and delays are common.  Given UCF's aggressive schedule already, a delay isn't just likely, it seems inevitable.

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

On the contrary, I'm just being realistic. All you have to do is look at the timeline for recent stadium projects to see that 16 months is highly optimistic for building a 45K-seat stadium. Especially when there are still so many things still up in the air, and UCF is trying to shave $60 million off the cost besides.

It's not impossible, no. But there is so little margin for error that if I were in charge, I'd put it off until 2007, unless there was some pragmatic reason for doing so. Which there may be, since it's been reported that this stadium prospect is helping UCF sell tickets for 2005.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  743
  • Days Won:  1

I agree the 16 months is extremly aggressive.  Heck it has taken 5 years to build the new wembley stadium, and there is still no guarantee that it will be done by next may, 80k capacity and alot more fancy that the Meccano construction kit, but still...these things take time to build

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239

Care to wager?  I don't think 2006 is possible, but 2007 could easy be achieved.  

I don't think smazza is capable of actually backing anything he says.  He's gotta know his stuff is so out of left field, it's unrealistic and obsessive.