• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls Ranked #22 Next Year by Athlon

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,342
  • Days Won:  43

If USF goes 13-0, I don't see how they could be kept out of talks of inclusion of a playoff. TB market too big to be ignored. 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

43 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

If USF goes 13-0, I don't see how they could be kept out of talks of inclusion of a playoff. TB market too big to be ignored. 

We would need a lot of help.  It would be tough (impossible) to get in over a 1-loss P5 team, and it might not be enough over a 2-loss P5 team.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

53 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

I can, WMU was. The SOS isn't great. Need to have OOC teams do extremely well or have our conference play out of their minds in their own OOC games. This is why it's important to start ranked. Once you're in the "club" you generally don't get voted OUT unless you lose. If you don't start in it, even if you play lights out a G5 will always get passed by a P5 who looks good early on. **** is long until Ole Miss officially fell out of the top 25? One benefit of the strong hire is people are talking, and if the media is talking they will all want to make the sexy USF pick. CCS just needs to deliver.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

If a number of G5 teams goes undefeated and we do too, we will not even make a NYD bowl thanks to the ****** schedule Harlan has produced. 

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  529
  • Days Won:  1

I think we would be overlooked, but I also believe that this whole darned thing is a popularity contest.

We start at 25 and win out and with the PR we get around Coach Strong and Flowers getting more recognition we may sneak high enough to be part of the conversation. To get in the top 4 we would have to destroy every opponent and have most perennial top ten teams lose two games. 

Good luck.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,342
  • Days Won:  43

11 minutes ago, Triple B said:

You forgot the one about dropping my travel time to 5 minutes ....

12 minutes ago, BullTiger said:

I think we would be overlooked, but I also believe that this whole darned thing is a popularity contest.

We start at 25 and win out and with the PR we get around Coach Strong and Flowers getting more recognition we may sneak high enough to be part of the conversation. To get in the top 4 we would have to destroy every opponent and have most perennial top ten teams lose two games. 

Good luck.

Think we could get into top 10 with 14-0 finish. Hopefully it carries over into 2018 so that USF goes 14-0 again and gets top 5. Carry that over in 2019 and go 13-0 which should get USF in playoff. I

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  19
  • Days Won:  0

49 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

Think we could get into top 10 with 14-0 finish. Hopefully it carries over into 2018 so that USF goes 14-0 again and gets top 5. Carry that over in 2019 and go 13-0 which should get USF in playoff. I

should be easy enough

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

No mention of the Slow Coast Offense, Athlon doesn't do any research on G5 teams, I'm surprised they didn't refer to us as UCF

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  529
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

I hope you're making fun of me.

Otherwise you're talking about going 41 and 0. That's just sad to think that anyone would ever even entertain the thought.