• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coach Strong press release

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

1 minute ago, fla331boy said:

I'm pretty sure that was a joke.

He will never tell them to slow down and stop scoring.

Yeah I couldn't hear his tone so I was curious.  

But when it comes to not using tempo as much, that could be an adjustment.  

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  15
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Don't like the fact that he talked about slowing down the offensive tempo so the defense can "drink some gatorade".  The fast tempo we use wears defenses out by not allowing them to substitute and limits what the opposing defensive coordinator can do between snaps to get better match ups on the field.  I really hope that was in jest and not something serious he wants to do.  I was following via tweet so I couldn't hear his tone......

It was hard to tell for me, he said it and then everyone was laughing about the GATORade comment and he was saying water instead, so the sound was a little garbled for a minute.

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

Best momens of presser:

Gatorade gaff: CCS mentions getting D some 'gatorade' (crowd murmurs grumbles). CCS realizes what he did quickly states "I mean water they get water" :lmao:

Shout out to CJL and CWT: Gives high praises and walking around campus with CJL when we were in the trailers. Talks about CWT highly and how hard it was for him to leave father figure and that he will step in and take over.

Players first: Repeatedly mention the great group of guys we have and how they come first. Not just in CFB but as people and getting them ready for life.

On Campus Stadium: ends on a high note and talks about the OCS. Says it makes since so players feel ownership of their house!

Go bulls!!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

I think our players objected to slowing down the offense.   They were supposed to be sitting in the crowd.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210

Couldn't tell if he was serious or joking.  Sounded half serious about slowing offense down to give defense a chance to rest.  Which I would say a big NO to.  We have the most exciting offense in football and you want to slow them down.  Don't do it, Charlie!  

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

He also said something along the lines of "give them a couple plays" right before the Gatorade remark. No Coach is going to tell their offense not to score but it seemed last year was either a 3 and out or a quick score almost every drive, maybe he wants to turn some of those 3 and ours to more sustained drives.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

7 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Same here.  Would like to know the context of his remarks 

This was one of my biggest concerns with CCS that he would try to make us more conservative on O because of his defensive background.  Only time will tell what actually happens....

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  135

It seemed more joking about the offenses rep for speed. Course that evolved it the Gatorade vs water joke but everyone was laughing so not sure it was an insight into potential policy.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210

We need to go even faster, not slower, Coach!  I want us to score 50 points a game next year. 

One thing I liked about Taggart, is he never took his foot off gas.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  135

Couldn't get close enough to ask the important question... his thoughts on Publix subs!

• Upvote 2