• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who will be in Strong's coaching cabinet?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

21 hours ago, Bullinchinashop said:

What about the high school coach that drew up all the plays for Taggart that is listed as offensive consultant.   Lol

Kinnan came through because of the Taggart connection. I'm not sure if Kinnan is as tight with Strong and will stay in that advisory role. I wouldn't mind seeing Kinnan shift from consultant to coach by Strong. If King and Kinnan are retained, I think that'd be huge. 

20 hours ago, Azmodi said:

Don't forget that thanks to CWT, we now have freed ourselves from paying past coaches. We now have our entire allotted amount that can go towards current coaches. It is truly a wonderful time to be a Bull! :GoBulls:

Um, that's not thanks to Taggart directly. That's thanks to actually having someone competent draft the employment contract and to Oregon hiring Taggart away. 

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

12 minutes ago, Paisa el Toro said:

Um, that's not thanks to Taggart directly. That's thanks to actually having someone competent draft the employment contract and to Oregon hiring Taggart away. 

Well I think we had similar buy out language in Skip's contract. Just never got around to being able to use it.

18 minutes ago, SANJAY said:

Well I think we had similar buy out language in Skip's contract. Just never got around to being able to use it.

Did we? It floors me that Skip's contract could have included similar buy-out language, but it did not account for the coach no longer being paid by USF, in the event that such coach were to be employed elsewhere. We were subsidizing Holtz's salary at La Tech to the tune of $500k per season because his contract lacked such provision. 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Randy Shannon for DC?

I've got no inside info or read anything indicating it's a possibility, however it like the sound of it.

He is making $511,000 right now.  Seems high for us to match but we don't know how much of a bump in the assistant pool Strong may get. I would say doubtful though