• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How do you increase attendance?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

29 minutes ago, MMW said:

As Triple pointed out, our program was on a run in 2007-2009 so the comparison is not equitable.

On a USF football board the rest of your comment seems out of place.  

I enjoy watching my team play against whoever is on the field.  Do I care that it is Navy versus Wake Forest?  Nope.  The teams that show up all seem to have players with uniforms and pads and have an expectation to win.  I enjoy watching them leave with those expectations not being met.

Since all things are equal according to many on this board, USF is on an unprecedented run since October 2015.  Yet attendance is garbage.  The reason attendance stinks is due, in large part, to the fact the Generican is a bad, geographically sprawling, contrived conference that is stacked with too many crummy teams.

I understand that I have strong feelings about the Generican compared to others.  But people at least need to stop saying the Generican is good or neutral for USF.  It's not.  

Edited by Carolina_Bull
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, Ned A Starr said:

I wonder how many of the OCS is the answer crowd, are personally debt free?

How many of the OCS is NOT the answer crowd, currently have a mortgage?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

1 hour ago, Bausfkid said:

I find it humorous someone gave me a negative because there are no plans to build an OCS.  Hahahahahahaha. 

I would encourage any of you to attend the USFAA Board Meetings at the Athletic's Building.  They typically hold three per year that are open to the public.  Harlan usually attends and you can ask the question(s) about an OCS or any topic.  There is no talk about an OCS other than the occasional mention in passing.  It does not make financial sense at this time. 

There are more than 225K USF Alumni in the Tampa Bay area. 

I continue to question our marketing efforts in the Tampa Bay area. 

Go Bulls!

Will do my best!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,733
  • Days Won:  425

1 hour ago, E.T. said:

I was a hard core Gator ... been to Ben Hill Stadium many times.

This is obviously why you're subconsciously trying to sabotage USF on a continuing basis with T******* ... Takes a while to get that taint out of your system. 30 years should do it.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  83
  • Days Won:  0

I would like an OCS, however, one must consider the initial cost as well as maintenance and personnel.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

USF admin number 1 priority should be bringing fans to games...

and winning these games!

Next, it should be winning titles and championships; and finding a way out of the AAC

Then, improving facilities (IPF, OCS, etc...)

59 minutes ago, thatBULL said:

Why would I lie? It is truth when you have zero family in town.  You come for the game and leave.  When I lived in Tampa, I was on campus games and events often.  Local alumni have more opportunity.  I'm  it going to fly into see a bookstore, sorry that's dumb.

What brings me back to campus now that I'm out of state?  A bookstore or a new building? I dontate, I meet with alumni locally, fly to both home and road games every year.  I honestly have no need to go to campus?  I was in both Memphis and Philly for games this year and made it to Tampa for FSU and Navy games.  I love the school and the teams. 

I would prefer an OCS, but that doesn't stop me from going to games or donating.  However, you can't argue it does allow you to bring out of town Alumni back for functions. 

I certainly can argue that we don't need an ocs to bring out of town Alumni back for functions. Maybe what we need is USF doing that NOW for the out of towners, AND locals, based around games ...... if they already aren't. Basically you're just reinforcing what those of us are saying about the big lure of getting alumni back on campus with an ocs being a big positive is way overblown ....

We do, though, need tons more of out of town, involved fans like you and an ocs obviously wasn't needed in your case.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

22 minutes ago, Triple B said:

This is obviously why you're subconsciously trying to sabotage USF on a continuing basis with T******* ... Takes a while to get that taint out of your system. 30 years should do it.

Should give up as I get older and weaker :) 

57 minutes ago, Carolina_Bull said:

Since all things are equal according to many on this board, USF is on an unprecedented run since October 2015.  Yet attendance is garbage.  The reason attendance stinks is due, in large part, to the fact the Generican is a bad, geographically sprawling, contrived conference that is stacked with too many crummy teams.

I understand that I have strong feelings about the Generican compared to others.  But people at least need to stop saying the Generican is good or neutral for USF.  It's not.  

Coming off an unprecedented run that lasted over 3 years running up to that. It's going to take a while to get that stink off to the casual fan.

You act like the BE was the friggin SEC in comparison to the "Generican" in terms of draw. It wasn't, with WVU the biggie. It 2006, we had 4 home conf games, Rutgers,UConn, Pitt and Syracuse ..... averaged 31,967/game. This year 32,143, 30,839 taking out UCF. Would USF be better off in a P5 .... well, duh .... but as long as we're playing football, the AAC is the best place for us to be, so saying it's not good, or even neutral, is pretty ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, E.T. said:

Should give up as I get older and weaker :) 

Have admired your Gator-like perseverance, though ...