• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Has this season been an improvement?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  822
  • Days Won:  0

12 hours ago, Leviathan said:

Yep, our division is weak and we didn't have to play Houston. This should have been the year we played in the conference championship. 

Who here would have chosen a 10-win season over conference champs with only 8-wins?

Why bring up Houston? We played the three teams that beat Houston and beat them. We went 7-1 in our conference! We didn't win the east with 7 wins and 1 freaking loss!! That's bad luck.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, MMW said:

So we are making up scenarios that would be better?

This is a pretty asinine exercise.

If you are disappointed then I feel bad for you in that regard.

I sat through year after year in the stands and watched us get pummeled by every Tom, **** and Harry out there.  Now when I go to games I get to enjoy them again.

We are winning at home, on the road in conference, on ESPN at night and all those silly times and places we struggled in the past.

Our QB has numbers comparable to the lead Heisman candidate this year, we will bet likely end the season ranked for the first time and most of the team is returning next year.

Things did not fall our way to make the CCG game but we won't be the first good team to have that happen to. Sometimes crappy teams wind up backing into CCGs and good teams get left out due to one loss to the wrong team.

My god, how did you survive the Holtz years?

I don't know if you are looking to be bucked up or what but my advice to you my fellow anonymous message board friend is to enjoy the team and where we are right now.

If we keep playing at this level good things will come our way but this is college football and there will always be room for improvement.

This should have 1000 Up votes. If you're not absolutely loving this season, and you're not 100% certain this team is improved and is probably best team USF has ever fielded just because you thought they HAD to win the conference for it to be successful, than I kinda feel bad for you.

Edited by theman123

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

12 hours ago, charsibb said:

Our Seniors started 2-10 and finished 10-2

Ask them if there's been improvement? 100% will say YES!

100% of Texas graduating seniors would also have said there has been improvement - just saying that probably isn't the best yard stick!

Clearly improvement, clearly we also benefited from weakening competition. We can't really control the caliber of competition - all we can do is win!