• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Ranked #1 four-year college for veterans!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  34
  • Days Won:  0

As a Veteran using GI Bill benefits, they have made my life very simple. I hear plenty of horror stories from my buddies. Some even attend schools without a section for Veteran Affairs. They are constantly sending out job/networking opportunities and area always quick to help in anyway they can. Awesome resource.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

9 hours ago, Ned A Starr said:

At last, a meaningful ranking/poll!

Hear, hear!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,231

Nice to hear. As a 1976 graduate I remember thinking even back then that there were more veterans in my classes than I would have thought. Good for USF and good for the veterans.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

I still remember calling the Department of Journalism from the SK shack on board my submarine in 1998 after receiving my acceptance letter. A very personable lady named Eve Roth answered the phone that day and spoke with me. My first day of classes, I made it a point to seek her out. Prior to graduating, I ran into her after switching majors and I recall her telling me that she was battling cancer (I'm hoping she won that fight). 

Attending and graduating from USF was a decision I never regretted - and that first phone call with Eve set the course for me heading to Tampa after flying back from England in the summer of 1999. Thanks Eve wherever you might be - you represented the staff and administration at USF quite well when you randomly ended up on the other line of my phone call in 1998.

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,212

I went to USF after 2 years active duty in the Naval Reserve.  Served on the USS Intrepid during the Vietnam war.  The GI bill back in '72 was only $200 a month, but paid for most of my schooling!

• Upvote 1