• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Aresco's "Power 6 Narrative" contnues.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

Here's Aresco's latest interview and pod cast.

http://americansportsnet.com/the-americans-mike-aresco-change-the-discussion-to-power-6-conferences/

He has some valid points:

1.  American Athletic Conference football programs own 16 victories over Power Five teams over the last two seasons. Their two signature wins coming as Houston defeated Florida State in the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl last season while Central Florida beat Baylor in the 2014 Fiesta Bowl.

2. The AAC has established itself as a power in men’s and women’s basketball with UConn taking home national championships. Also, Temple, Tulsa, SMU, UConn, Houston, and Memphis all had 20 win seasons last year.

3. Truth be told once you get past Texas and Oklahoma, the eight other members of the Big 12 are not on par with the AAC schools. Knowing that the key to national recognition in football is beating Power 5 teams, the future schedules of all of the AAC teams are loaded with powerful opponents.

4. The AAC has more teams in the major television markets than any of the Power 5 conferences. They can have six teams in the coveted Top 20 television markets. Temple (Philadelphia No. 4) SMU (Dallas No. 5), Navy (Washington, D.C. No. 8 – Plus a national following), Houston, (No. 10), South Florida (Tampa Bay No. 13), Central Florida (Orlando No. 19).

Edited by Azmodi
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I admire his ambition.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

Someone has to make our case - whatever case we have. People respect Aresco. We need to continue to do our part to make his case a compelling one.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

Hes-right-you.jpg

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Gotta love Aresco's energy and passion.  We sure could use him over on the Bulls D.

Edited by El_Toro_86
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

We're a lock

B5 conferences and networks will argue for months over our inclusion.  Networks will eagerly insist on footing the bill and paying AAC schools on par with B5 schools.  B5 schools will take offense and insist that they simply redistribute the existing largesse with  the 12 AAC schools.

Both sides will rejoice in sharing the airtime with AAC as we begin playing televised conference games in the plum spots on Saturday and Thursday.

I'm going to keep my eye on this Arresco guy. . . . He's going places.  But I've felt that way ever since he snagged Tulane.

Edited by Carolina_Bull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

20 minutes ago, Carolina_Bull said:

I'm going to keep my eye on this Arresco guy. . . . He's going places.  But I've felt that way ever since he snagged Tulane.

Sarcasm is supposed to reflect peculiar insight. But in this case, it only reflects peculiar spelling.

Edited by TallyBull

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

21 minutes ago, Carolina_Bull said:

We're a lock

B5 conferences and networks will argue for months over our inclusion.  Networks will eagerly insist on footing the bill and paying AAC schools on par with B5 schools.  B5 schools will take offense and insist that they simply redistribute the existing largesse with  the 12 AAC schools.

Both sides will rejoice in sharing the airtime with AAC as we begin playing televised conference games in the plum spots on Saturday and Thursday.

USF should go independent.  I heard all the cool programs are doing it.

• Upvote 2

I'm proud to not know how to spell his name.  So help me geezus.

12 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

USF should go independent.  I heard all the cool programs are doing it.

Are you the guy that thought USF's salvation depended on recruiting some small-time GA HS kid named Ironside?