• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Questionable Coaching

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Several things stood out to me last night that I would had done differently.  

1. I would had taken the opening kickoff. We have one of the best offenses in the nation, playing a run heavy clock eating team on the road. So why not take the ball,  hope to score and make them play catch up all night? 

2. Speaking of run heavy offense(Temple's) why didn't we stack the box most of the game?  The defensive play calling was atrocious and the players were out of position.

3.We also didn't make in game adjustments,  their full back was opening up massive holes knocking our defensive players on their Butts all night, so why didn't we dbl team him, or do something to slow him down or make him think twice about being the one to deliver the blows?(be the aggressor not the receiver of the punishment)

4. When Flowers went down, and Keen came in, (why call a pass play on 3rd down from your own 1 yard line)????? Nothing good comes from it.

5. The 3 and 4 bunch receiver sets were working than we switched to the run up the middle to NO WHERE to have too many 3 and outs.  That was horrible play calling by Willy.

6There were too many dumb penalties and mistakes as well,  You can blame the players but it is also on the coaching for not having them ready to play , in the right mindset  or in position to make the plays.

There were a few other things that had me screaming last night but cant remember them right now.

Thoughts?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I think "questionable" is being generous.   We were out coached the entire night on both sides of the ball. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  237
  • Days Won:  0

Penalties = lack of discipline.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I agree with some of this.  I thought most of the Offensive play calls were good, but a handfull were not good.  The ones I questioned is after we went to the inverted wishbone we scored immediately.  Temple was confused.  Our very next series we come back to the normal offense and stalled and had a 3 and out.  Then late in the game after we opened up the offense and scored quickly by throwing the ball, we went back to the run.  And went backwards.  These were two huge drives in the 2nd half that we blew.  Defensively we were a mess all night.  Too many things to remember.

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

54 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

I think "questionable" is being generous.   We were out coached the entire night on both sides of the ball. 

I was trying to be politically correct lol.   We were most def out coached all game on all sides of the ball from the opening coin toss. Still scratching my head on deferring to the 2nd half considering our teams strengths?  Even Taggs admitted he was outcoached according to the Tampa Times article.     Such a promising season coming to a halt when things were lined up in our favor.   Sucks  This game is the difference between a New Years 6 bowl and the Beef  bowl now.  You can also kiss attendance good by minus the large influx coming from Orlando since they are riding high with another win today.

Edited by Dhambuc

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Yeah we should always start with ball if we can with this offense put opposing teams in a hole early.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

2 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Yeah we should always start with ball if we can with this offense put opposing teams in a hole early.

I absolutely don't understand why we don't. We consider it a "win" when we hold the opposing team to a FG on the first series. Why not play to our strengths of scoring from the opening?