• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Schaeffer may be headed to the Bulls

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

If he wants to come here, we take him, end of story.  The real question then becomes who gets redshirted this year?  Grothe?  Hill?  Both of them?  Aside from them, we'd have Julmiste, Denson, and Severino to play.  Will that get us through the season, if Grothe, Hill, and Schaeffer were all unavailable?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I don't think Grothe ends up redshirting unless Denson just walks away with the QB position.  Grothe will either be the starter or the backup this year, imo, probably starter.

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691
  • Days Won:  0

Do you think Grothe is that good or are the others just not that good?

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

Do you think Grothe is that good or are the others just not that good?

More like the others aren't any good

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

More like the others aren't any good

that is my fear....and if it is the case i am not sure we can beat good teams with a true freshman qb at the helm unless he was the caliber of the guy that went to texas.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

My whole thing is, is that we are his SECOND pick. He does not have the heart for the Bulls, like the others have. It seems this kid has an ego problem. We've had enough of ego's on the team. It is time to start playing TEAM. I think if he gets in the mix, we might lose some or one of the recruits we have heralded and coddled. It might end up a disaster. I am tired of being a second choice school for rejects of other programs, due to dicipline problems. I just am still out on this one if it happens.    Reaper

Guest BasketBull.

Why do you guys have to look at the bad side of everything?

PJ started for us last year. Fine, we always have him.

But now we have Denson, who sat out last year but actually practiced, and then we have two highly talented freshmen.

It's still April! By the time fall rolls around, we will have a new offensive coordinator, and then Grothe and Hill will show their stuff.

I'm sure we will be fine at QB -at the very least it will be a HUGE improvement from last year (and this Spring game).

As for if Schaeffer comes in, what's wrong with that? It takes the worry away from having to look for another QB in the upcoming recruiting class.

IT'S ALL GOOD!  ::toasting::

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528

Of course we take this guy....after seeing the production from our QB position the past few years, I find myself wishing we had allowed A McPherson to transfer here after seeing all his recent hype in the upcoming draft.

Why are some of us too proud to take an obvious talent because he chose UT over us? I mean come on, yes, we are all proud to be Bulls, but to begrudge a kid for chosing to play for a National contender over a school that was at the time in Conf-USA?? We should welcome a talent like his with open arms, so long as he gets his issues squared away.

• Topic Count:  1,148
  • Content Count:  6,502

Schaeffer recently was charged with misdemeanor assault stemming from a dormitory fight with a student at UT.

Why was he fighting?   Do we need or want that kind disruption on the squad?  Don't you think we have had enough players in trouble with the law??

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

Why was he fighting?   Do we need or want that kind disruption on the squad?  Don't you think we have had enough players in trouble with the law??

He was protecting his girl friend from a guy who was arguing with her.