• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Defense dominates in Green-White game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078
  • Days Won:  0

If you expect either of the 2 Freshmen to come in and get enough reps with the first team offense in the fall and earn the starting QB job, YOU are on crack.  Denson has a shot if he stays healthy.  The ankle injury in the spring really hurt his chances this fall IMO.  

It's all about reps with the first team in the Fall to polish and get ready for PSU.  Logic says that none of the other 3 will get enough work to unseat PJ.  

i think by not playing last night he is the #1 QB right now, PJ and Severino looked terrible last night

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  919

I honestly don't know how anyone can call PJ out after last night's game.  The squad was split and some kids were playing new positions.  Leavitt himself said they were only 1 deep all over the field.  

PJ had only one starting receiver to throw to that I know of.  There is no way an offense can be productive and consistent under these circumstances.  Let's see how the Fall shakes out.  My guess is PJ will be much better when working with the first team.  Until then, get off the kid's back!

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

What was PJ last night? 5-18? he put up numbers like that last season with all his best recievers on the field.  PJ should do us all a favor and move to TE, Denson or the Freshman can't be any worse.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

jake- are you kidding?

a two year starter was 5-18 and looked bad

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

I honestly don't know how anyone can call PJ out after last night's game.  The squad was split and some kids were playing new positions.  Leavitt himself said they were only 1 deep all over the field.  

PJ had only one starting receiver to throw to that I know of.  There is no way an offense can be productive and consistent under these circumstances.  Let's see how the Fall shakes out.  My guess is PJ will be much better when working with the first team.  Until then, get off the kid's back!

Hggwash. I'm as lenient as any when it comes to criticizing but no matter if you're throwing to a top recruit or a walk-on, you hit them if they're open. He had open receivers. He rarely hit them......... very discouraging.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267

Jake you are so far off base on this one, I am wondering if you are confusing Julimiste with someone else.  If he had played well last season and had a horrible outing at the spring game I could cut him some slack.  But he played last night the same way he has played for the past season and a half, TERRIBLE.  And you are right the squad was split and he wasnt playing with the first team offense.  But get this, he wasnt playing against the first team DEFENSE EITHER!  And he still sucked.  Honestly if Julmiste starts next season, I dont know how many games I will be attending.  

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  919

I don't see anyone making mention of PJ's hurt shoulder except CJL.  Add that to the list of reasons PJ struggled.  Don't panic because of a bad Spring game.  He'll be better in the Fall.  

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  19

I don't usually criticize the players since I never played the game, but PJ is not fun to watch. You can see him get flustered as the defense rushes him, and then he makes just awful passes that are either too high, way too low, or within reach for the defense to bat away. Honestly, while I don't want Severino to start either, I think he showed better poise and accuracy than PJ.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

The only thing the spring game showed me was we still need a QB.  One play that sticks out in my mind is PJ had a reciever wide open going down the right sideline as PJ was rolling to the right.  He waited and waited until a defender could close in and then finally threw the ball.  Way tooo late.  He also threw it three yards out of bounds but the real point is he had a 15-20 yard gain easy but tryed too make it a 40 yard toss and ended up with nothing.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

If you expect either of the 2 Freshmen to come in and get enough reps with the first team offense in the fall and earn the starting QB job, YOU are on crack.  Denson has a shot if he stays healthy.  The ankle injury in the spring really hurt his chances this fall IMO.  

It's all about reps with the first team in the Fall to polish and get ready for PSU.  Logic says that none of the other 3 will get enough work to unseat PJ.  

Like Tennessee last season  ::)

May the better man win.

Go BULLS !!!