• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kudos to Sheffield

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  537
  • Content Count:  2,718
  • Days Won:  0

That's the point LK, my teller doesn't take a swipe at me, nor does whe inadvertently invade my personal space.

You seem to miss the point Sheff reacted to being attacked......not vice versa.....

She realizes she has an image to uphold.  Sheffield should realize the same.  The onus should be on the professional, as it is in most lines of business.

The onus is on Sheff to react professionally.  That is why I earlier stated that he was wrong also.....That does not make up for the fact that a fan started it and took a poke at him.......FIRST......

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

then left tossed the ball, then came back.  It then becomes retaliation...which is wrong.

How is that retaliation? Did he strike the fan a second? If you consider Sheffield going back to have words to be retaliation, then we definitely don't see eye to eye on the meaning.

Retaliation would have been Sheffield hitting the guy again.

Bulliever,

Your continued posts showing Sheffield as the person in the wrong are quite disturbing.

Trying to say Sutcliffe stuck up for Sheffield because he is in the union is a joke. Yes, I know guys like Shane Spancer are not in the union, but the bottom line is Sutcliffe saw the fan in the wrong, as does everyone else but you.

Sheffield was only restrained after security and teammates showed up. Again, he had plenty of time to do something after he threw the ball back. There was certainly time for him to escalate the situation and even you should have seen that.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,002
  • Days Won:  469

Flip,

I will give credit to Sheffield for not going into the stands (my how far we have fallen, when a player deserves credit for not seeking out a fan to kick the **** out of).  My point is that he could have gone about his job and made the play without hitting back (which he tried to do with his glove) before making the throw in.  He could have just played on and allowed the authorities to handle it.  Yes, give Sheffield credit for not inciting a stadium wide brawl.

And Flip, as far as the right vs. wrong argument.  I do not fall into a category that does not see the fan as being wrong - meaning the fan is right.  Absolutely not.  I fall into a realistic category that knows these things will happen.  When they do, common sense needs to prevail.  Players should be responsible for protecting the game as well.  Acting like an idiot in right field does not meet that expectation.

Had Sheffield not struck back before throwing the ball and simply continued the play - this would have barely been a SportsCenter moment - but instead it trumped  opening day at RFK.

LK,

I can't even respond when you use words like "attacked."

<modified by Bulliever to correct name to Flip>

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

i cant figure out how to get a good capture from the ESPNmotion videos, but go check them out.... espn.com homepage, far right hand side

you can clearly see the guy has no intentions of going after the ball, his hand is 3-4 ft away from the ground.  His arm clearly makes a quick upward motion right in sheffield's face, cant tell how much contact was made with that quality of video, but some contact had to of been made or else why would he pick out that fan in particular of all the fans waving their arms at the ball?  also check out the video or harrold reynolds and Larry bowa saying he did nothing wrong and it was only a natural reaction and showed good self restraint by not going after the fan further.....

im out for a while, i have papers to do, but furhter rebuttals will be coming soon.....

and oh yea, im just trying to follow in the footsteps of other great usfbullspen.com ambulance chasers, so i have to get my practice in now

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,464

Sheff hit the fan back and knocked the lady down as well. I watched the game and wathed baseball tonite after and there was no video showing the fan actually made contact with Sheff. The fan who supposebly hit him's fiancee said he told her he never did make contact with Sheff. I had a co-worker who was at the game and on that side of the field but not right in the section and people at the game didnt think the fan made contact with sheff either.

Sheff pick the ball up and throw it in and then go back, think of your team first as even if there was contact it was hardly anything.  Of course afte rthe game sheff sounded like Tyson popped him in his lip. Then after seeing the replay changed his tune. The fan shouldnt have put his arm out like the fans do at every stadium everytime a foul ball comes near but he did. I think Sheff over reacted even if he did get hit. I will give him credit or more importantly the little securiy guy that came out of the pen credit for making it a lot nicer then it could have gotten.

LK,

I can't even respond when you use words like "attacked."

Brad,

I guess I will have to remember that word for next time.... ;)

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,002
  • Days Won:  469

and oh yea, im just trying to follow in the footsteps of other great usfbullspen.com ambulance chasers, so i have to get my practice in now

And with that, I'll take a shower...   ;D ;D  ... and look forward to future rebuttals...  

Fun talk this morning.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,464

but some contact had to of been made or else why would he pick out that fan in particular of all the fans waving their arms at the ball?  

And you are going to law school? Most assinine statement I have ever heard from a so called person of law.

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

And you are going to law school? Most assinine statement I have ever heard from a so called person of law.

damnit, i have to take this one... it's just too easy....  HAVE YOU READ ANY OF SMAZZA'S POSTS??

first, huge difference between crafting a legal argument and BS'ing on a sports message board

second, why would he single out one fan then?  watch the vidoes, he takes a swipe at him, but you cant tell the degree of contact made by the fan from the videos.  of course that guy is going to say he didnt hit him in his statement, if he comes out blatantly saying "hell yea, i hit him right in the mouth" he could be facing legal action.....  first hand accounts from the game dont mean anything in a bang bang situation like that, nobody could have been focusing in that much on the situation at the time because they were not expecting anything to happen

and seriously, now i have crap to do

HAVE YOU READ ANY OF SMAZZA'S POSTS??

:o

It would be impossible for anyone with as many posts as KR has not to have read one of Smazza's post.... although I think all the barry bashing got to him because I have noticed that one out of every five posts is not Smazz??