• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

David Sills signs LOI with USF

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144
  • Days Won:  0

Hoops Goal: Don't finish last!

I expect that Coach Mac will set the bar higher than that.

We have an outside shot of making the Big East Conference Tourney and that is what should be our goal.

We WON'T finish last!

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

He is either a savior or a big headache.

Does he know that he has to go to classes and learn something besides playing B-Ball?  How many schools has he attended?

I hope he works out and contributes to the team, but we have been burned before.  I will hold my praise until he suits up and plays a few games for the Bulls.

Name a school besides Duke or UNC that hasn't been burnt.  Additionally, he only has to be eligible and go to  classes for 1.75 yrs.  He should be able to take enuff cake classes to play basketball for 2 seasons.  I'd bet a dollar to a donut the next two yrs will be about getting into the NBA draft for Sills.

I'm amazed after knowing how conservative CRM is that there are fans that believe CRM would gamble on a player w/questionable character unlike Booby P. and Greenie.

If this kid does pan out the 1 thru the 3 should be pretty solid.  I'm just concerned about the front court.  Is Buckley gonna play the 3 or 4?  Also, I agree, Madison Garden or bust should be the season theme/motto.

Guest S.  Bien

Listen, we need talent and we need it fast.  We aren't going to land any McDonald's AA's or some top flight immediate starters out of HS, even the JC ranks--- face it this has nothing to do with Mac and everything to do with who we are.  In fact, right now if it wasn't for the BE I am betting Coach Mac wouldn't have anything noteworthy to sell.

Sills is a risk he could be a one drink of coffee in tampa and gone kind of guy, but he also has the talent and upside to be a major contributor.  We must take risks like this, if it pays off we're golden this kid with Buckley could get us into the Conference Tourney and which maybe enough for an NIT type season.  Then we'll have some ammo to sell recruits.  If Sills doesn't pan out, well we've got Howard, Dennis, and Holmes- all managable but not spectacular.

Guest beatsiebull

Name a school besides Duke or UNC that hasn't been burnt.  Additionally, he only has to be eligible and go to  classes for 1.75 yrs.  He should be able to take enuff cake classes to play basketball for 2 seasons.  I'd bet a dollar to a donut the next two yrs will be about getting into the NBA draft for Sills.

I'm amazed after knowing how conservative CRM is that there are fans that believe CRM would gamble on a player w/questionable character unlike Booby P. and Greenie.

If this kid does pan out the 1 thru the 3 should be pretty solid.  I'm just concerned about the front court.  Is Buckley gonna play the 3 or 4?  Also, I agree, Madison Garden or bust should be the season theme/motto.

NBA!!??!!  Brian Swift was a better PG than David Sills will ever be.  

Sills is straight up NYC.  I grew up with a bunch of them and he will not last in FL.

Guest beatsiebull
Exactly what is "a bunch of them"?

"A bunch of them" is kids from NYC.  Thought I was pretty clear.  Guess not.  Unless you're inferring something?

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

Sills is straight up NYC.  I grew up with a bunch of them and he will not last in FL.

My NBA was inferring to the NY kid's frame of mind.  I wasn't referring to his actual talent.  Kid has had some success playing street ball vs. those types so he's figuring he needs a vehicle to the highest level.  That's JMO.

True that post Bien.  8)

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

You might be surprised.

Hoopscooponline rates him as the top player in our recruiting class. :

36.    SOUTH FLORIDA (17 Points)..........4 Recruits..........4.3 Talent Rating Average Per Recruit..........Conference USA..........(6) David Sills, 6'2, 2G, Bunker Hill (JC) MA; (4) Chris Howard, 6'3, PG, Middleburg (Notre Dame) VA; (4) McHugh Matthis, 6'7, WF, St. Petersburg (JC) FL; (3) Zarron Cann, 6'6, PF, Brandon (H.S.) FL.

http://www.hoopscooponline.com/members/toprecruitingclassestodatefortheclassof2005-2005.html

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

You might be surprised.

Hoopscooponline rates him as the top player in our recruiting class. :

36.    SOUTH FLORIDA (17 Points)..........4 Recruits..........4.3 Talent Rating Average Per Recruit..........Conference USA..........(6) David Sills, 6'2, 2G, Bunker Hill (JC) MA; (4) Chris Howard, 6'3, PG, Middleburg (Notre Dame) VA; (4) McHugh Matthis, 6'7, WF, St. Petersburg (JC) FL; (3) Zarron Cann, 6'6, PF, Brandon (H.S.) FL.

http://www.hoopscooponline.com/members/toprecruitingclassestodatefortheclassof2005-2005.html

Nice find HP....

I am astonished that Clark Francis considers USF's recruiting class worthy of being a Top 40.  

Clark Francis is one of the original recruiting services that was around way before everything went online. If he likes our class and Sills who am I to argue. :)

BTW, look who is number 218, or in other words tied for last.  :o  ;)  ;D