• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

David Sills signs LOI with USF

Guest Turkey Shizzler

sills obviously is a legit player, a major talent. houston offered him. houston has tom penders now, and penders has a clear eye for talent going all the way back to his days at rhode island when he had great teams led by guards silk owens and tom garrick. sills sounds like another silk owens.

but something seems very wrong here. does anybody know why he has been such a nomad except for what he calls his ''mistakes''? i fear what we might learn when in a few months if not sooner the tribune is writing a big story about what those mistakes were.

this guy obviously has some serious skeletons. if he can get on the court he seems like the real deal, a potential star, like carl krauser or jamaal tinsley or andre barrett, to name a few recent nyc star point guards. but he is also the third player signed by mr. mccullum who wasn't playing ball the season before coming to usf because of academic deficiencies. (s. jones, c. howard and now sills). but there is likely a lot more to his nomad story than mere academic deficiencies. for example: if he's not playing ball this season, who is paying for his schooling?

this guy is a huge risk/reward. it seems like a desperation signing. on the court he's a major baller, but just pray everything works out off the court.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144
  • Days Won:  0

Turkey Shizzler...To get more info you should read the stories on him that were posted on the recruiting board before he signed his LOI.

Here are some related links:

http://www.thebullspen.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=Prospects;action=display;num=1112790283

http://www.thebullspen.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=Prospects;action=display;num=1113398354

Guest Turkey Shizzler

thanks for the links. i see he has been talked about ad nauseum.

it will be a show if he can make it to the conference season.

our recruiting is really strange. i get goosebumps thinking about what a player of sills ability could do at usf, but i don't like the chances of seeing that happen. he could never see the court. i just hope he doesn't embarrass us.

he seems as likely to play in the nba as he does for usf.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Keep your fingers crossed!

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433

I think if Coach Mc has recruited him that he has laid out his expectations for behavior.  We all know that if the line is crossed, he won't make it here.  I'm sure Coach believes he can govern himself appropriately or wouldn't offer.  Welcome to the family, Mr. Sills.  Make us proud.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550

How does he sign at Northeastern out of HS? A low-major if there ever was one...if he had talent why would he ever sign with an America East school. Of course, he never made it to campus because of grades, but come on - the America East? You don't think a Western Kentucky or Murray State, or one of the A-10 schools didn't want to take a chance on him? Or Memphis, even?

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

apparently not... but he played well since then, so Mac thinks its worth the risk now.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528

This guys sounds very exciting and very experieced. Sounds like he has gone through a lot in his life and is ready to team up with a strong coach in Mac and put his talents on display in the Big East. Welcome to the Green & Gold Mr. Sills.

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

He is either a savior or a big headache.

Does he know that he has to go to classes and learn something besides playing B-Ball?  How many schools has he attended?

I hope he works out and contributes to the team, but we have been burned before.  I will hold my praise until he suits up and plays a few games for the Bulls.

Guest Turkey Shizzler

markeymark, i would guess that northeastern signed him because everyone else knew he had zero chance of qualifying. northeastern's hope was to generate good will with the kid, so if he ever did become eligible he would consider signing with them.

similar to daunte culpepper at ucf. no one thought he would be eligible, and only ucf stuck with him, so he stuck with them when he surprised everyone and got eligible. that and it was close to hoem/grandma