• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

David Sills signs LOI with USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691
  • Days Won:  0

I am from NYC....Brooklyn to be exact and I "lasted" in FL

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

this is from when he gave a verbal to houston

Future Houstonian

He dropped by for a visit at Saturday's UH-UAB game, and apparently David Sills will stick around a while. Sills has verbally committed to the Cougars.

Sills, a 6-1 combo guard, will have two years of eligibility remaining after spending one year at Odessa JC and another at Southern Idaho.

At least one Cougar is familiar with Sills  sophomore guard Lanny Smith played with him a couple of summers ago on a team sponsored by former Rockets guard Kenny Smith, and the younger Smith is excited about the addition.

"Skill-wise, he can do pretty much anything he wants to do, but he can put it in the hole," he said. "He has great handles, so that's another breakdown guy. And watching him shoot the other night (on videotape), it looks like his shot has come a long way. Back when I played with him he was a typical New York City guard, all to the rack."

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

I am from NYC....Brooklyn to be exact and I "lasted" in FL

Me too!  ;D

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

Nice find HP....

I am astonished that Clark Francis considers USF's recruiting class worthy of being a Top 40.  

Clark Francis is one of the original recruiting services that was around way before everything went online. If he likes our class and Sills who am I to argue. :)

BTW, look who is number 218, or in other words tied for last.  :o  ;)  ;D

If they "counted" Melvin Buckley we'd be in their top 25.  :o

Considered by many to be a top-100 prospect nationally, Buckley chose Purdue over Michigan State and Ohio State.

http://purdue.rivals.com/content.asp?c=d&CID=32686

We still have some players to add this year, so we could break into their top 30.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

a pont guard from harlem playing in big east at usf

wow- impressive

oh yeah- i hope he is good

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

If they "counted" Melvin Buckley we'd be in their top 25.  :o

Considered by many to be a top-100 prospect nationally, Buckley chose Purdue over Michigan State and Ohio State.

http://purdue.rivals.com/content.asp?c=d&CID=32686

We still have some players to add this year, so we could break into their top 30.

most certainly on both counts!  I am very surprised we have that high of a ranking... at least someone outside of our own fans sees that we have some talent.  At least now the hype isn't just from green and gold goggles  ;)

Guest S.  Bien

most certainly on both counts!  I am very surprised we have that high of a ranking... at least someone outside of our own fans sees that we have some talent.  At least now the hype isn't just from green and gold goggles  ;)

From a pure talent perspective before his injury Zaronn Cann was consider a top flight recruit, remember top 25.  He's got tons of potential, obviously came back from the injury well before his time, but I'm guessing many remember how good Cann looked at summer camps, and in AAU before his junior year and felt it was a good snag, and he's probably half the reason of the ranking.

Also, it should be noted that on scout.com Chris Howard is a three star recruit.  In fact he's fairly highly regarded on that website (which has some good hoops analysts).  He was offered by Umass, BC, and Georgetown aside from USF.  Also, Illini was showing considerable interest and contemplating a visit before he committed.  Not playing this last season made many forget how good Howard really is.

Guest BasketBull.

About hyping up one's own team, etc., I think there are two camps: the 1/2 empty, and the 1/2 full.

For some fans, no matter what the Bulls do, it's never good enough, along with a doom-and-gloom take on everything. We beat #18 Charlotte: Oh, Charlotte didn't want it. ...blah ...blah ...blah.

I'm glad I belong to the other camp: everything the Bulls do is a step in the right direction towards GREATNESS.

Sure, once in a while I do turn the table, like I did on Seth. But I was on board for seven long years. Some of you aren't even giving this new staff a chance....

The point? We will take our lumps in the Big East but eventually things will be just fine.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

About hyping up one's own team, etc., I think there are two camps: the 1/2 empty, and the 1/2 full.

For some fans, no matter what the Bulls do, it's never good enough, along with a doom-and-gloom take on everything. We beat #18 Charlotte: Oh, Charlotte didn't want it. ...blah ...blah ...blah.

I'm glad I belong to the other camp: everything the Bulls do is a step in the right direction towards GREATNESS.

Sure, once in a while I do turn the table, like I did on Seth. But I was on board for seven long years. Some of you aren't even giving this new staff a chance....

The point? We will take our lumps in the Big East but eventually things will be just fine.

I think there's a third camp, although I don't know how to incorporate the "glass" scenario in it though... maybe just call us the realists (maybe I'm the only one). Neither one of those scenarios fit my thinking. I think coming down on CRM now and from the beginning is the height of stupidity. We haven't seen enough to say he can't do it but I'm not ready to say "everything the Bulls do is a step in the right direction towards GREATNESS" in that regard either. I just don't know yet,  but the Coach deserves a fair chance to see if he can take us there ...

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

I think there's a third camp, although I don't know how to incorporate the "glass" scenario in it though... maybe just call us the realists (maybe I'm the only one). Neither one of those scenarios fit my thinking. I think coming down on CRM now and from the beginning is the height of stupidity. We haven't seen enough to say he can't do it but I'm not ready to say "everything the Bulls do is a step in the right direction towards GREATNESS" in that regard either. I just don't know yet,  but the Coach deserves a fair chance to see if he can take us there ...

good post.

CRM may turn out to be a great coach for USF but he has a lot to prove,  as does USF in providing him proper support and resources.

To be successful both the school and coach have to work together, and unlike Seth....CRM is not  looking to bolt at the slightest hint of success.

Count me in as a "3rd Camper"...