• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WBB - Best of Luck vs. Goliath and Thank you!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

9 minutes ago, PCBull14 said:

Who else was making plays? Stringfield's play is why this team wasn't down by 5 or 6 at the end of first.

Move with the ball and they may have a chance in the tournament. That is where this team and coaching staff have a long way to go. Move on the offensive end or sit them on the bench. 

Nobody else could make the plays because nobody else had the ball nearly as much as her, and when Courtney did get the ball especially in the second half she was making plays. Most of Stringfields makes have come off of good bounces on low percentage shots or behind the back layups over a 6'2" defender.

Guest PCBull14
1 minute ago, bullsbucsfan426 said:

It's frustrating playing uconn, especially with all these injuries. I love Springfield as a player, but we have Alisa Jenkins, Courtney Williams, and Laura Ferreira  who can score the ball too. We don't move the ball enough and it seems like a lot of shots rim out, which is bizarre. Having a couple of weeks off will be huge for this team. With laksa and Ferreira healthy(ier), and Springfield doing what she does coming off the bench, we will make a run. How far that run is depends on how the offense goes. 

Our players don't consistently score because everyone is trying to find Courtney all the time. These girls can hit the three, they do all summer in euro play. Move on offense and take the open shot. Its really not that difficult. Our team loves to take shots against the better teams that are forced. Frustrating watching that we got the players to do it, concepts need some overhaul. 

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  239

Welp, on to the tournament. Hopefully our seeding situation isn't affected too much by tonight's game

Guest PCBull14
2 minutes ago, Bulls_Fan09 said:

Nobody else could make the plays because nobody else had the ball nearly as much as her, and when Courtney did get the ball especially in the second half she was making plays. Most of Stringfields makes have come off of good bounces on low percentage shots or behind the back layups over a 6'2" defender.

I didn't see that. I saw a bunch of girls standing around watching Stringfield handle the rock. What else is she supposed to do? Then they go one up four on the baseline in the second half. Any difference? Nope standing around again, four girls watching her dribble. The best stretch they had was in transition MOVING and opening lanes for DD offense or a layup. 

They kept doubling teaming Courtney and they act like they've never seen it before. I hope they get it together and start moving because it doesn't matter how healthy you are, you stand around like that against a good defense you will get destroyed. 

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. Three games against Uconn and three games standing around on offense for more 50% of our possessions. Three beatdowns. You're not beating Uconn with one player scoring most of the offense. Especially when the offense is lets hold the ball and hope Courtney can free herself up.  

Guest PCBull14
3 minutes ago, Bullsfan1219 said:

Welp, on to the tournament. Hopefully our seeding situation isn't affected too much by tonight's game

It won't. Anyone who plays UCONN three times will have three losses. Played them tougher then anyone all year besides ND  and maybe SC for stretches. Probably a 5-7 seed. 

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180

7 minutes ago, PCBull14 said:

I didn't see that. I saw a bunch of girls standing around watching Stringfield handle the rock. What else is she supposed to do? Then they go one up four on the baseline in the second half. Any difference? Nope standing around again, four girls watching her dribble. The best stretch they had was in transition MOVING and opening lanes for DD offense or a layup. 

They kept doubling teaming Courtney and they act like they've never seen it before. I hope they get it together and start moving because it doesn't matter how healthy you are, you stand around like that against a good defense you will get destroyed. 

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. Three games against Uconn and three games standing around on offense for more 50% of our possessions. Three beatdowns. You're not beating Uconn with one player scoring most of the offense. Especially when the offense is lets hold the ball and hope Courtney can free herself up.  

She is the POINT GUARD she is supposed to run the point! She had to be out there caking for screens to get teammates open. If the other players are standing around it is her responsibility to create a play or get some ball movement going, which never happened. While a lot of that blame also goes on the coach, he wasn't on the court with the ball in his hands deciding what happens.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

1 hour ago, brybull1970 said:

UConn's WBB team would be a pick'em against our Men's team.

Cousins would knock Steward into the planks.  Not on purpose, but because he's a beast, fouling machine.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

sadly, maybe our best team ever had to line up with maybe UConn's best team ever.  Next year we lose Williams & Jenkins, and could be rebuilding.

UConn loses a lot of talent, but they'll like UCLA in the 70s or Kentucky a few years back...the cream of the crops fights go there.  UConn surely says NO several times more than they say YES.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

The standing around on offense is what really was frustrating to watch. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,722
  • Days Won:  109

I turned it off after the 1st half.  I usually don't watch our games live - any sport.  I stress too much.  But this game was won by the better team and, mostly, by their defense.  Their longer AND quicker than our players.  Only mathcup that came close was when Stringfield matched with Jefferson.  Said this in an earlier thread, but that is my biggest concern for next year - quickness.  Marcos and Flores aren't blowing by anyone. The 3s and 4s aren't especially quick and get beat to a lot of loose balls.  And Caishin, Weber and Warioba all are on the slow side. Pujol shows some quickness but isn't strong enough to rip balls.  Where Jesperson, if she can get to a ball, has the grit to tear it away at times. Hope Ferreira's injury isn't a life time deal.  She is an important cog going into next year.  She's tough and a streaky shooter that can handle the ball when called upon.

• Upvote 1