• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF women at Tulsa

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,705
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, Bausfkid said:

Wow!  I never thought board members would have a defeatist attitude.  If we have no chance vs. UConn let's forfeit and save all the money.

Someone, someday will beat UConn.  Why not us?

Go Bulls!

Sometimes reality bites.  Without a 100% Laksa I just don't see a chance.  I'd rather she rest and have a chance at being 100% in the AAC tournament.  If she has a miraculous recovery and can go vs Temple then play her vs Uconn.   Otherwise let her sit until the tournament.   J MHO

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

2 hours ago, bullsbucsfan426 said:

We need both. Laksa is a great scorer, but Ferreira is a good scorer and she defends well too. Both need to get better. I will confess to being a little disappointed in Katelyn Weber's progress thus far. I thought she would be further along after all the promise she showed last year, but Jesperson seems to have eclipsed her. We don't have the biggest team either, which hurts us against taller teams.

Our main weakess is that we are missing a big girl that can score points inside.  Katelyn, I suspect will be overtaken for a starting spot by one of the three tall players who are coming in next season, all who are much better offensively.

Of the three, I think 6'4 Jazz Bond will see the most playing time. For those who don't know, her teammate Crystal Dangerfield is the #1 PG in the nation and signed with UCONN. It will be fun watching them competing against each other over the next four years.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,648
  • Days Won:  424

4 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

Wow!  I never thought board members would have a defeatist attitude.  If we have no chance vs. UConn let's forfeit and save all the money.

Someone, someday will beat UConn.  Why not us?

Go Bulls!

I may be wrong but I think most of the sentiment is that there's really no need to put Laksa out there against UConn if she's not 100%. That results of that game don't mean near as much as having her 100% healthy for conf tourney ..... where anything, indeed, can happen.

• Upvote 1