• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Perry Suspended / FIRE ANTIGUA!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, DataBull said:

Don't you think some of the reason that everyone transferred out was COA himself?  

Besides, this is year two and he only has to fill 13 spots.  

That said, I agree with Trip that it has been a problem at USF for years.

I do not think some of the reason that everyone transferred was Antigua. Collins probably the one being the exception and not due to what he thought of Antigua as a coach, but because of the system Antigua runs due to Collins' limitations on the court. He will only thrive and play well in a specific system. 

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

7 minutes ago, USFbulls24 said:

I do not think some of the reason that everyone transferred was Antigua. Collins probably the one being the exception and not due to what he thought of Antigua as a coach, but because of the system Antigua runs due to Collins' limitations on the court. He will only thrive and play well in a specific system. 

So you think Collins was the only one that transferred because Antigua came in?  Why did all the others transfer?  Because they all suddenly got homesick at the same time?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,673
  • Days Won:  424

13 minutes ago, DataBull said:

Why did all the others transfer?  Because they all suddenly got homesick at the same time?

Maybe the awesome game day atmosphere was too intense for some ....

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

20 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Maybe the awesome game day atmosphere was too intense for some ....

It is tough playing in front of all those thousands of crazed fans.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

13 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

"Recruiting the players already here" means getting Heath's guys to buy into his vision and ensure they don't transfer out. You're welcome.

Seriously?  My point was most were likely gone already, regardless of COA's recruiting. But if it makes you feel better, thanks so much for explaining this to me!

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

he gets one more year

didnt we learn from the cwt experience

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,427
  • Days Won:  19

9 minutes ago, smazza said:

he gets one more year

didnt we learn from the cwt experience

this

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, brybull1970 said:

CWT's third year is the exception not the rule. It's an easy comparison to draw but a straw man arguement.

The argument is that he deserves a chance, not saying that we will do what Taggart did. We can't draw the comparison to the results yet because they haven't happened yet.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

23 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

So does he deserve the third year no matter what the on court results have been over the first two years?

He deserves a 3rd year based on his current situation.  He came in and basically started fresh (mass exodus of players, transfers , graduation , injuries, and players not wanted back ect..) He had to build from the ground up. He also had to change the culture (not an easy task)(still a work in process but can see some of the rewards).   Im not for keeping ANYONE for a certain length of time just for time's sake. I look at the situation in which they came in, and what they had to work with, what they have done, and what their vision is.  Now if we don't see a major improvement next season I suspect his seat will become hot If not scorching.    I think he will right the ship.  Time will tell.  

We can not fall into the Instant gratification trap that society has become. Rome wasn't  built in a day. Some programs take longer to turn around than others.

Edited by Dhambuc

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

19 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

So does he deserve the third year no matter what the on court results have been over the first two years?

No, not no matter what. But he is bringing he right attitude to the team, bringing in the right guys and has done great recruiting IMO. This years results are a little bit blurred due to the injuries, I think we would have around 8-9 wins without any injuries (Troy, NJIT, Houston, Cincy) but I don't think we would be great. If he had the wrong attitude, bad connections with the players, and bad recruiting then I could see them getting rid of him after 2 years, but that's not the case.

• Upvote 2