• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will we get a Bowl invite immediately after Temple beats UCONN?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

The only possible saving grace you might have is the fact that ESPN will want to see USF face a better team.  But Navy already accepted the bid to the Military Bowl, so that leaves Birmingham... which will come down to Temple, Houston, or USF.

Yeah I saw that.  I was speaking more theoretically. But, that being said, if there are not enough bowl teams  available, maybe there will be a shifting I'm on some of the bowls. However, from what I am hearing it is looking like we are going to be playing in the Miami bowl. 

Yeah I saw that.  I was speaking more theoretically. But, that being said, if there are not enough bowl teams  available, maybe there will be a shifting I'm on some of the bowls. However, from what I am hearing it is looking like we are going to be playing in the Miami bowl. 

God I hope not... if we're going to play C-USA we might as well play in St. Pete... more fans would drive across the bay on a Saturday than down to Miami on a Monday afternoon.

God I hope not... if we're going to play C-USA we might as well play in St. Pete... more fans would drive across the bay on a Saturday than down to Miami on a Monday afternoon.

I agree 1000%. Joey and another local media person said they believe it will be Miami. I have no idea if they have  inside info. St. Pete would be better and it is later in the bowl schedule. 

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  441
  • Days Won:  2

I hope it's not the Miami bowl. Not only could I not attend it I don't even know if I could watch it since it's on a Monday at 2:30 in the afternoon. Plus if we have to play football on a baseball field I'd rather it be at the trop since that's at least local and on a Saturday. Heck I'd rather the cure bowl over Miami, at least that is also on a Saturday.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Miami Beach bowl has a clause that allows them to take and extra P5 team.  Pac 12 has 3 extra teams needing homes with Washington winning.  I'm hoping for USF vs. Washington or another Pac 12 team if we don't get selected for access bowl. 

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/college/football/article4840854.html

Next year’s Miami Beach Bowl will match an American Athletic Conference team against a Conference USA team, the bowl’s executive director Carlos Padilla said Monday.

“There is an option for us if there’s a Power Five conference team with nowhere to go, we could choose them if it makes sense for us,” Padilla said. “But right now, we’re locked into Conference USA.”

Edited by BullsFanInTX

Something interesting... there are 80 bowl slots... right now there are only 73 teams that have 6 wins... and there are 9 teams left that could get to 6 wins (8 of them play today) which means we could see a 5-7 team in a bowl game.

The NCAA delayed the guidelines for 5-7 teams until after this weekend... root for these teams to get a win today:

• East Carolina
  • Indiana
  • Virginia Tech
  • Minnesota
  • Illinois
  • Kentucky
  • Old Dominion
  • South Alabama

(Georgia State could get their next week).

Something interesting... there are 80 bowl slots... right now there are only 73 teams that have 6 wins... and there are 9 teams left that could get to 6 wins (8 of them play today) which means we could see a 5-7 team in a bowl game.

The NCAA delayed the guidelines for 5-7 teams until after this weekend... root for these teams to get a win today:

• East Carolina
  • Indiana
  • Virginia Tech
  • Minnesota
  • Illinois
  • Kentucky
  • Old Dominion
  • South Alabama

(Georgia State could get their next week).

do you think that their is any chance that this changes the bowl line up and locations for the AAC? Perhaps I am reaching...

do you think that their is any chance that this changes the bowl line up and locations for the AAC? Perhaps I am reaching...

No... what it could mean is the Miami Beach P5 selection is off the table.