• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Oleary steps down as AD

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

Hey!  Our record is 2-3 and we are on a one game winning streak.  Get outta here with your 2-4 garbage.

I stand corrected.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

kind stupid for him to step down,  If they hire a  New AD he will most def be fired as football coach.   He shoulda  handed the team over to someone else and kept the AD job.     Now he is a sitting duck.  Suspect they thought with their recent success promoting him would be smart to help get them into a power 5 conference.   It has now backfired and the whole country (espn esp) is making fun of their program.

Although I think Hitt would never allow a new AD to fire him to begin with, I think what this means is that GOL is definitely retiring after this year ...

Although I think Hitt would never allow a new AD to fire him to begin with, I think what this means is that GOL is definitely retiring after this year ...

I agree.  But, if he stayed, I still don't see him getting fired.  I think he is too much part of UCF to go out like that.  Now, if they don't win another game this year and a poor season next year, maybe that happens.  But one bad year against the 3 or 4 previous years....  no way he gets canned.  

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Trip is prob correct  The writing is on the wall. I suspect this is the last season for Oleary.  He will most likely resign at the end of the season.    I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't keep him on in some capacity (create a position for him)if he wants to stick around a while,  But I think he will retire.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Then even more so, I'd love for us to send him out in style...

Trip is prob correct  The writing is on the wall. I suspect this is the last season for Oleary.  He will most likely resign at the end of the season.    I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't keep him on in some capacity (create a position for him)if he wants to stick around a while,  But I think he will retire.

It will be interesting if we both end up looking for a new head coach.  Bring on the ours is better than yours posts.  

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  725
  • Days Won:  0

It will be interesting if we both end up looking for a new head coach.  Bring on the ours is better than yours posts.  

Has the new coach seen the beaches?

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,047
  • Days Won:  11

How many yrs are left on o'liars contract

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

He'll make the new AD fire him in order to get his golden parachute package.  If he resigned as HC he would have forfeited his buyout.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

He'll make the new AD fire him in order to get his golden parachute package.  If he resigned as HC he would have forfeited his buyout.

Yep, smart move.

But UCF needs to make Yakety Sax new fight song.