• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Actual attendance tonight 14,271

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

I fell asleep at halftime watching at home

boring football, executed poorly, against a collection of minor league teams.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Thats the problem with USF football the offense sell tickets and we have maybe the most boring offense in history. 

No imagination at all just run into the a stacked box and hope the other team also sucks at offense worse than us..

that has worked against Uconn.   

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,484
  • Days Won:  43

Not worried about attendence as a new OCS will help make it look better. Just got to win! Getting closer . 

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

A guy like Taggart may have worked in the beginning of the program.  Young, local guy, good recruiter, etc. Maybe that was the thought. However, he was not a proven guy at this level.  He is in way over his head. Leavitt was at least a proven coordinator at the highest level and understood what it took to prepare to beat teams at the highest level. 

We are at the point now that it is going to take a big time hire or a real dynamic coach to bring back some enthusiasm to this program. The big picture is the stakes are pretty high in the current football landscape. 

A young, local guy, good recruiter, etc. is exactly what did work in the beginning of the program.

Leavitt was a proven coordinator. He was more accomplished than Taggart. Taggart, with his limited experience and accomplishments may have been successful in the long run given time to grow along with the program. 

Personally, I think Taggart, despite his HC gig at Western Kentucky was/is not prepared for the HC job at this level.   He remains a good recruit, but strategically and in game management he is very weak. If he was smart enough to hire a top notch, experienced OC and turn playcalling duties over he would be in much better shape for success. 

Edited by usfgrad84
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2,343
  • Content Count:  21,362
  • Days Won:  10

So much for exciting football. Every time they go to the line QF stops and waits for another play call.  Additionally,  the play calling is run, run, maybe pass

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,784

I'm relatively sure (I'd put the probability at 99.9%) this will be our last season for season tickets. With the changes to the 'need' to retain season tickets versus the opportunity to purchase single game tickets in the unfilled lower bowl, I think we've done our part. We were there last night, all four tix used, and will be until the end of the season. I think, going forth, we're going to just select a game(s) we want to see and go that route. Unlike some of you, I just don't have what it takes to continue, year after year, to give up time and money for incremental improvements that may or may not result in greater gains (in particular I'm referring to the P5/G5 split). Watching USF football ceased to be fun some time back. I'm not entirely certain, but USF season ticket base may have fallen below 2K for this year. 234 was more or less deserted...a lot of the people we've been with for years are no longer there. We're done.

I'd be willing to bet you won't get FSU tickets next year without a season ticket -- or maybe a 3-pack if they offer it.  To prevent FSU fans from buying too many of the tickets.

Well, let me phrase it this way. I've been attending game-by-game for hoops since around '92. I've always gotten a ticket to any game I've wanted. As for football, in particular FSU, that's a game I want to miss. Not being snide, but I have no confidence whatsoever that USF is going to be competitive, let alone stand a snowball's chance in hell, of beating FSU next year. I have grown weary of walking out of the stadium, loss after loss after loss. I can't cost justify the continued spending on games where I'm either irate or bored or a combination of the two. I fear that USF has plateaued (I don't mean the relentless losing) as far as program position is concerned (kind of like basketball), so henceforth I'll just be treating interest in both sports the same. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

For the last 4 years I can count on one hand the wins I've seen in person 2 were against Fcs teams.

It's a boring offense and to make it worse I am not a big drinker so watching sober.

I might do Syracuse game but if more of same I am done for the year. Last time I did that was Holtz last year and missed his last 3 home games.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  131
  • Days Won:  0

Would it change your minds if USF went out and got a "name" coach and you believed they were serious about doing whatever it takes to turn it around?  Would you renew then, or would they have to earn you back over time?  I'm asking because my wife and I had the same conversation on the way to the game last night--about bailing on tickets and getting a boat.  Games are not fun any more, only the tailgates and the company.

You might want to really consider purchasing that boat.  Although, as a former boat owner (more than a couple times actually), it was always a great day when I was able to sell those boats. Second thought, find a good friend that has a boat and just help with purchasing gas, food and beer instead. (smiley)

• Upvote 3

Would a 'name' coach change my mind?

No...because regardless of who you hire, that year is going to be yet another "rebuilding year of managed expectations and pleasant surprises". I'm there to watch the game, not listen to hours of 'coach speak' from a guy who had success at [insert his last job here].  When Jesus miracles USF into the P5 and we play P5 teams on a regular basis...

Continue to renew season tickets 'cause I want a good seat in the OCS?

No. It's about the product. Losses on Fowler avenue are the same as losses on Dale Mabry. I'm an alum from the way-back machine, resident in Tampa. The OCS is not a strong marketing tool as far as I personally am concerned. Interest in watching SMU, Uconn and Temple in one stadium is no different than watching at another. 

Edited by WoolyBully
removed line return for visual
  • Upvote 1

Would it change your minds if USF went out and got a "name" coach and you believed they were serious about doing whatever it takes to turn it around?  Would you renew then, or would they have to earn you back over time?  I'm asking because my wife and I had the same conversation on the way to the game last night--about bailing on tickets and getting a boat.  Games are not fun any more, only the tailgates and the company.

You might want to really consider purchasing that boat.  Although, as a former boat owner (more than a couple times actually), it was always a great day when I was able to sell those boats. Second thought, find a good friend that has a boat and just help with purchasing gas, food and beer instead. (smiley)

They say the two best days in a boater's life are [1] the day he buys the boat and [2] the day he sells the boat. I think you're right about getting a friend with a boat. ;)

Edited by WoolyBully