• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2016 G/F Malik Fitts

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

USF lands three-star 2016 wing Malik Fitts

USF and head coach Orlando Antigua continue to add wings in the Class of 2016 asthree-star wing Malik Fitts pledged to the Bulls on Tuesday.

The 6-foot-5 native of California is coming off of his official visit to campus last weekend and he joins four-star wing Troy Baxter and three-star guard Andres Feliz in South Florida’s 2016 class.

Fitts ran with Earl Watson Elite in the Under Armour Association this spring and summer and was second on the team in both points (10.2 ppg) and rebounds (5.6 rpg). South Florida is adding a big-bodied wing who can finish above the rim and he’s tough to stop in transition.

Along with Baxter, this is a solid group that is coming in for the Bulls.

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2015/09/29/usf-lands-three-star-2016-wing-malik-fitts/

This was written August, 2014

August 14, 2014

Summer Breakout Performers

John Foletta
GoldenBearReport.c

With summer now in our rearview mirror, we compiled a list of 10 under-the-radar players who crushed the competition this summer. Today, we take a look at the first five

Malik Fitts Class: 2015

A 6-5 two-guard out of Damien High School in La Verne, Fitts is a high-major prospect if ever there was one. Sharing the backcourt with 4-Star Jeremy Hemsley has caused him to be a bit underappreciated, but that shouldn't be a problem anymore. Fitts was an absolute terror at Ryan Silver's West Coast Elite All-Star Camp in mid-july, and was frequently the best performer on Earl Watson Elite -- a team featuring Chance Comanche, Jayce Johnson, Roman Davis, and Gilgorgige Rakocevic -- during the final two evaluation periods. Fitts has largely been courted by WCC schools to date, but that'll change. 

https://villanova.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1670168

2016 SF Malik Fitts commits to South Florida

joshavatar.jpeg?w=50&h=50&faces=true
JOSH GERSHON
7:44 PM

South Florida landed a dependable shooter on Tuesday as Malik Fitts committed to the Bulls.

www.scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/story/1593216-malik-fitts-commits-to-south-florida

Malik Fitts ended his recruitment on Tuesday, as the 6-foot-6, 205-pound small forward from Wolfeboro (N.H.) Brewster Academy committed to South Florida.

Originally a 2015 prospect from La Verne (Calif.) Damien, Fitts reclassified to 2016 and enrolled at Brewster, which ended up being a successful move for him.

Malik Fitts

Brewster AcademyWolfeboro, NH
6'6" / 205 lbs
  • SF RANKNR
  • COMMITTED

"They made me feel like home," Fitts said. "They recruiting me really hard and I feel like it was the best fit for me. I'm extremely excited and believe in coach Orlando (Antigua) and their staff.

Fitts is a high level shooter who, offensively, will be able to play multiple spots on the perimeter for the Bulls.

"I'll do whatever they need," Fitts said. "If they need to score or rebound, I will. Whatever the coaches ask me to do, I guarantee I will."

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Welcome, Mr. Fitts. How many more scholarships are left in this recruiting class?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

Welcome, Mr. Fitts. How many more scholarships are left in this recruiting class?

Looks like 1 more if everything stays the same. We have 12 scholarship players now. Lose 3 to graduation. Have 3 commits.

Interesting:

"He had been playing in a travel ball tournament in Las Vegas when he was spotted by South Florida coach Orlando Antigua.

He had been playing on the same team as another player who had committed to USF.

“I had 31 points and played very well and he started talking to me after that,” Fitts said."

Read more at: http://www.insidesocal.com/onpreps/2015/10/01/former-damien-star-malik-fitts-commits-to-south-florida/