• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is it Basketball Season Yet?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,622
  • Days Won:  424

Next season will be a good indicator on the Antigua hire. This year I think we finish with 12-16 wins but next year we will win 18-22

I agree. We have two very good recruits coming in. One of them is an ESPN top 100 player and the other, might be just as good. I expect they will sign in November.

It's just too bad that the Westchester CC really screwed up and had to shut down the BB program during the season, causing Luis Montero not to graduate on time. It's not his fault. Thus, being already 22, he ultimately decided to enter the NBA draft. Although he didn't get drafted, he  was later picked up by a team and is making over a million dollars for the year. As CoachOA said, he was our first 'none and done'.  That would be a funny line, if it wasn't so sad. We certainly could have used him for two years.

He needs more imo. I've been following recruiting and COA has found it hard to get the players they NEED so far. I to like Baxter and Feliz but there has been a few misses on guys this program really could have used to help turn things around. Hopefully we can land Fitts and find some under the rader Bigs with potential. This season's expectations would've been a lot higher if Holston hadn't gotten hurt and Smith got in.

I never heard why Smith didn't get admitted to USF.

Is he playing for some other university this season?

Too bad we didn't land his teammate. At the time of the WBB tourney, it seemed like he was expected to come here as well. Perhaps, when he didn't, Smith decided to go elsewhere. If anybody has more info on exactly what happened with both of them, please let us know.

It's kind of weird that there's been nothing at all from any of the guys who cover USF ... Aren't they curious, too??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Well can we at least give him two years before the pitchforks get sharpened? Eh?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Our men's team will be average, but they are young and will be great in a couple of years. Our women's team is already a top 25 team, and I think they could win out except for uconn.

like our football program

our basketball team is young(code for we will not be very good)