• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

TBP is spending $1000 in an advertising campaign that started 08/28

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

Bullhorns I'd like your help and knowledge on the topic if you are offering.

I'm just using some of the money that I've gotten on the ads to reinvest in attracting new Bulls fans.

I've done it for years - invested thousands in getting Bulls fans here and that's why am always a little sensitive to allowing free advertising for any reason.

I just wanted people to know that especially at this time of the season when I've got money invested.

I want to try to get as much positive momentum to TBP and into the Bulls that I can and hence I can't allow advertising for VD5 or Bulls Tours or any other external site.

In fact I have paid to have this site advertised on a number of networks including 247

Sure Brad. I would be happy to chat if I can contribute. Its the least I can do :-) My experience has been more with small to medium business, getting them online and found (hosting, responsive mobile first web design, social media campaigns, online ad, etc). It sounds like you would like to drive more traffic to the site so maybe we can chat sometime and see if there is anything I might be able to help with.

As far as my comment above, I was refering more to TBP driving traffic to other Bulls related sites such as JK's wonderfully positive pieces ;-) It would be good to know the value of TBP by gathering some analytics and then getting others to advertise on this site that are not direct competition. In order to do that TBP has to interact with other media sources properly. So I was suggesting making sure that we link out properly to them in posts because places like TBT are definitely measuring their traffic and where its coming from. If fellow TBPers come on the forum read an entire article from good old Tom Z. for instance, TBP is not properly particpating with the media outlet creating the content bc they are not getting any traffic for their work. This in the long run also devalues TBP bc it hurts the orginal content creator which needs some metric of interest or following and that typically starts with traffic. If TBP is providing a source of traffic to their content then they are happy and if TBP drives enough traffic maybe other forms of interaction can be negotiated (ads, link backs etc). So what I was suggesting is making sure we entice TBPers to go read the article at the source, keep track of the traffic we are sending out, and refrain from posting entire or most of the article directly on TBP.

Edited by Bull-Hornz

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,012
  • Days Won:  469

Saved about $7.00 today using one of the TBP pop up ads banners...GolfWorks.com.  Bought a 4 oz. jar of Quick Center golf club shafting beads for $4.99...but used free shipping code from the popup ad to save about $7.00 extra normal shipping fee...probably wouldn't have made the small purchase without the free shipping code from TBP ad!.

Thanks. 

Using the Amazon link is extremely helpful too. 

Bullhorns I'd like your help and knowledge on the topic if you are offering.

I'm just using some of the money that I've gotten on the ads to reinvest in attracting new Bulls fans.

I've done it for years - invested thousands in getting Bulls fans here and that's why am always a little sensitive to allowing free advertising for any reason.

I just wanted people to know that especially at this time of the season when I've got money invested.

I want to try to get as much positive momentum to TBP and into the Bulls that I can and hence I can't allow advertising for VD5 or Bulls Tours or any other external site.

In fact I have paid to have this site advertised on a number of networks including 247

Sure Brad. I would be happy to chat if I can contribute. Its the least I can do :-) My experience has been more with small to medium business, getting them online and found (hosting, responsive mobile first web design, social media campaigns, online ad, etc). It sounds like you would like to drive more traffic to the site so maybe we can chat sometime and see if there is anything I might be able to help with.

As far as my comment above, I was refering more to TBP driving traffic to other Bulls related sites such as JK's wonderfully positive pieces ;-) It would be good to know the value of TBP by gathering some analytics and then getting others to advertise on this site that are not direct competition. In order to do that TBP has to interact with other media sources properly. So I was suggesting making sure that we link out properly to them in posts because places like TBT are definitely measuring their traffic and where its coming from. If fellow TBPers come on the forum read an entire article from good old Tom Z. for instance, TBP is not properly particpating with the media outlet creating the content bc they are not getting any traffic for their work. This in the long run also devalues TBP bc it hurts the orginal content creator which needs some metric of interest or following and that typically starts with traffic. If TBP is providing a source of traffic to their content then they are happy and if TBP drives enough traffic maybe other forms of interaction can be negotiated (ads, link backs etc). So what I was suggesting is making sure we entice TBPers to go read the article at the source, keep track of the traffic we are sending out, and refrain from posting entire or most of the article directly on TBP.

We should talk.  Can you IM me your number?  Or I can give you mine.  Despite the site being around for so long, I haven't gotten into any of that you discuss.  Learning ways to reach more people would  be beneficial.  Thanks.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

So I can stop my automatic donation? I don't mind continuing it, if needed, and it's only $60 a year, but I could re-channel that cash to another fund. My hideous game day shirt fund. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

I think we should always donate to the board when we can; its lifeblood bleeds green N gold!

This is Brad's child. He wants it self-sustaining and all of that. I know he hates the thought of his child getting donations (charity)! :D

But the fact of the matter is that it costs money to run this site. So, please don't stop your donations, Bulls Nation.

My dream is to one day be able to do enough to where this board no longer needs ads. It will happen! :GoBulls:

• Upvote 1

So I can stop my automatic donation? I don't mind continuing it, if needed, and it's only $60 a year, but I could re-channel that cash to another fund. My hideous game day shirt fund. 

You could, this time of year advertising is good.  I have said that before, only to have the advertising agency cancel the deal and not pay.  :(

Of course I am thankful for the donation you make.  You, JimUSFSIg and Grateful Dad are the current donors to TBP.  But you can cancel.. Or, if you'd like, you could be the experiment case in the ad-free TBP in exchange for your donation.