• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QB decision made at MD

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

Abosultely pathetic we are talking about people losing theri best players so we can beat them #Apathyisheretostay

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

The guy was once highly touted himself before injuries, and has beaten out two other relatively highly touted players.  He didn't win the job because others go hurt, he outplayed him.  I'm not so optimistic this is a good thing.

Not to be too specific but Kurt Benkert, the guy who got hurt, beat out Kody Keith and Kemp... Cody Keith was never a highly recruited QB and is on his third school (he was even rated out of high school)... Benkert.. the guy who went down was the best of those qbs.  None of these guys were "highly touted" and judging by the ECU board, the others aren't any good.  If you think guys were bad about Bench and Flowers prospects... randomly take a trip to one of their boards, unless one of these guys just does something crazy, they are looking at a Bobby Eveld and Matt Floyd type qb.  So while I'm not putting a lot of onus into what his going on at other schools... this is a significant injury for them.  The guy starting now didn't beat out two highly touted players.  

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

For what its worth, P. Hill was a 3-star recruit who wasn't recruited by any other "big" schools...

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/122349/perry-hills

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

The guy was once highly touted himself before injuries, and has beaten out two other relatively highly touted players.  He didn't win the job because others go hurt, he outplayed him.  I'm not so optimistic this is a good thing.

If you're talking about Perry Hills being highly touted, then you are wrong. If you're talking about someone else, then my bad. Hills other offers were Miami (OH), Akron, Buffalo, Kent State, etc....

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/122349/perry-hills

Abosultely pathetic we are talking about people losing theri best players so we can beat them #Apathyisheretostay

Looks like you misread something... try reading the article again  :thumbsup:

For what its worth, P. Hill was a 3-star recruit who wasn't recruited by any other "big" schools...

If you're talking about Perry Hills being highly touted, then you are wrong. If you're talking about someone else, then my bad. Hills other offers were Miami (OH), Akron, Buffalo, Kent State, etc....

Double post ;-)

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

Please disregard my post... that was in reference to ECU... in this... I do agree with you.  I share the same sentiments you do.  

Edited by Calibull

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

Looks like you misread something... try reading the article again  :thumbsup:

I was referring to the comments not the article.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/114075/maryland-names-perry-hills-starting-qb

Somehow this is encouraging to me that the 3rd string guy win out...

I'll confess that I didn't read the article and thought it was about the someone getting the job by default ... and your comment added to my confusion. The 3rd string guy didn't win out, the 1st string guy did ... the winner of a qb competition is always the 1st string guy ... for at least one game.