• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF pumping up football program with 'Bulls Unite'

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  19
  • Days Won:  0

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516

None of this type of stuff matters until there is a good product on the field. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10

This will bring some enthuiasm and excitement for existing fans, and may entice a few former ticket holders to come back. However, it does very little to attract new fans, especially students, where support has really fallen off. Sadly, the only thing that will work in that area is a winning team that puts an actual worthwhile product on the field.

Seeing the stagnent 300k budget though disapoints me. The AThletic Department is kind of ass backwards monetary wise in their thinking and actions

• Topic Count:  2,341
  • Content Count:  21,355
  • Days Won:  10

This will bring some enthuiasm and excitement for existing fans, and may entice a few former ticket holders to come back. However, it does very little to attract new fans, especially students, where support has really fallen off. Sadly, the only thing that will work in that area is a winning team that puts an actual worthwhile product on the field.

Seeing the stagnent 300k budget though disapoints me. The AThletic Department is kind of ass backwards monetary wise in their thinking and actions

Budget was the same last few years per the article.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,708
  • Days Won:  424

So Marketing should wait for a good product before bothering to try and promote?

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516

So Marketing should wait for a good product before bothering to try and promote?

Can you please explain to me how in the world you got ^^ from what I said?

I said none of it matters until there is a good product on the field. They have to do marketing, that's the world of business. However, it's not going to make a big impact until there is a good product on the field. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10

Budget was the same last few years per the article.
I know, hence why i used the word "stagnent". The AD needs to step up and invest in the program if this thing is ever going to get back on track. Everything can't keep on going by the way of status quo. Even an extra 25k wouldve been a huge improvement. Edited by IngeniousMindz85

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,708
  • Days Won:  424

Can you please explain to me how in the world you got ^^ from what I said?

I said none of it matters until there is a good product on the field. They have to do marketing, that's the world of business. However, it's not going to make a big impact until there is a good product on the field. 

Putting it that way probably wouldn't have elicited my response to the very first Reply in a thread like this ... The initial response was a smazza-like Captain Obvious input. In fact, I was kind of stunned to see punctuation and a cap until I realized it wasn't him..

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

http://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/video/hyOGM3djqTOSzWCnM7X-b4VZSEOJyCCe?autoplay=1#ooid=hyOGM3djqTOSzWCnM7X-b4VZSEOJyCCe

Video is pretty cool, wonder if it was the same studio that did one of the Lightning ads or the Clearwater/St Pete beach ads...child's voiceover sounds familiar.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,618
  • Days Won:  51

http://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/video/hyOGM3djqTOSzWCnM7X-b4VZSEOJyCCe?autoplay=1#ooid=hyOGM3djqTOSzWCnM7X-b4VZSEOJyCCe

Video is pretty cool, wonder if it was the same studio that did one of the Lightning ads or the Clearwater/St Pete beach ads...child's voiceover sounds familiar.

Sorry brother, I thought that video was awful. Reminded me of a commercial for a low budget zombie movie. Glad others liked it though

• Upvote 1