• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

University Mall to remodel... get new tenants

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

I worked at that JCP in 88 when I was in school. The mall wasn't too bad then.

That's when I was there too. Other than Dunderbocks, the place sucked. Do you remember what bar was in the Holiday Inn across the street at that time? Dooleys?

Are you talking about the bar that was Penrod's in '86, then soon after it was called Sydney's, then it was Stingrays for a while? Thursday nights: $1.50 well drinks--was the place to be. I think that's the joint.

Yup. Remember Rickies? Tobacco Company? London Victory Club? Cold Storage downtown? Daiquiri Factory? Skippers?

Good times!

London Victory Club...what stories I could share...
Yup. Ricky's/caskos/mirrors/smart ox! How about Kaseys cove? cdb's? Cici's/brauhaus/then cici's the new generation? Patrick's? Volley club? Those were good times, indeed.
Used to go to Kaseys Cove all the time! Did you ever do the Bottom of the Barrel night at the brewery? Edited by Sellular1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  571
  • Days Won:  0

The Greenery ftw!

if they were able to have kept doors open for even 1 more year to let the surrounding off campus housing dev catch up, that place would have absolutely blown up.

shame, not a watering whole to be found in stumbling distance on fletch.

Edited by psteazy
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

The Greenery ftw!

if they were able to have kept doors open for even 1 more year to let the surrounding off campus housing dev catch up, that place would have absolutely blown up.

Mr Dunderbak's is 1.5 miles from the norther dorm clusters on campus.  It's minimally closer to the off campus housing just north of Fletcher.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  571
  • Days Won:  0

The Greenery ftw!

Mr Dunderbak's is 1.5 miles from the norther dorm clusters on campus. It's minimally closer to the off campus housing just north of Fletcher.

i couldn't be any more aquainted with the location of the brightest blip in USF's dull drinking scene. in continuation of this discussion, greenery was practically visible from the andros complex. honorable mention to copper top for holding it down in the close-proximitiy category. sad state of affairs for the bar scene surrounding campus... still bitter about it.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

The Greenery ftw!

Mr Dunderbak's is 1.5 miles from the norther dorm clusters on campus. It's minimally closer to the off campus housing just north of Fletcher.

i couldn't be any more aquainted with the location of the brightest blip in USF's dull drinking scene. in continuation of this discussion, greenery was practically visible from the andros complex. honorable mention to copper top for holding it down in the close-proximitiy category. sad state of affairs for the bar scene surrounding campus... still bitter about it.

They are opening World of Beer semi-close by to campus (Across the street from the Winn-Dixie (used to be Sweetbay) plaza, where Tia's Tex-Mex used to be.)

But yes, the bar scene leaves something to be desired.

• Upvote 1

Oyster Catchers at the Hyatt on Sunday's....that was the good ole days

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

I didn't usually have the cash for that back in the day. Did you ever hit Biarritz on US 19 on Sunday night? Worth the ride.

I didn't usually have the cash for that back in the day. Did you ever hit Biarritz on US 19 on Sunday night? Worth the ride.

Don't think we ever did Barritz but we would always stop at Fraternity House for wings on the way back from the beach on Sunday's.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

Don't think we ever did Barritz but we would always stop at Fraternity House for wings on the way back from the beach on Sunday's.

Yup. Remember the frat house. You must have hung out in front of holiday inn (now Hilton) surf side when you did the beach. Don't know if that's still the USF beach hangout, but it was back then. Wow, we really derailed this thread.