• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Heat over Mavs in 5 or maybe 6

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Lebron has 2 or 3 guys on him whenever he touches the ball and is forced to pass, or misses the tough contested shots he is forced to take at the end of the shot clock. Great defensive scheme by Dallas, until it broke down in the fourth and Lebron and Wade were finding guys wide open in the paint. So I guess a triple double isn't good enough for the critics, but I'll take that performance from Lebron any night. I don't fault Lebron for the loss, the team that shoots 70% from 3 pt range always wins, and I have serious doubts of a flukey shooting game like that happening again this series. Outside shooting like that is unstopable. Must be nice to be able to jack up 3's from 4 pt range and just have everything drop.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Lebron missed some wide open jumpers last night as well.

Dallas has to double him down low because that is where is effective. His outside shot sucks.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Lebron has 2 or 3 guys on him whenever he touches the ball and is forced to pass, or misses the tough contested shots he is forced to take at the end of the shot clock. Great defensive scheme by Dallas, until it broke down in the fourth and Lebron and Wade were finding guys wide open in the paint. So I guess a triple double isn't good enough for the critics, but I'll take that performance from Lebron any night. I don't fault Lebron for the loss, the team that shoots 70% from 3 pt range always wins, and I have serious doubts of a flukey shooting game like that happening again this series. Outside shooting like that is unstopable. Must be nice to be able to jack up 3's from 4 pt range and just have everything drop.

The triple double was very impressive.  Him disappearing, once again, in crunch time was not. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,514
  • Days Won:  422

"So i saw Lebron after the game and asked him for a dollar.  He gave me $0.75, So im like "Yo this is only $0.75!?"  Lebron says "I don't have a 4th quarter"

Hiiiyyoooooooooooooooooo

Ill be here all week, try the fish and don't forget to tip your waitress!!

Lebron should try hockey, where they only play 3 periods.

Nice one .... but if there's any hockey player on that court, it would be Dirk.

The triple double was very impressive.  Him disappearing, once again, in crunch time was not. 

So when do you think he picked up a bunch of those 10 assists? Let me ask you this: say the mavs shoot a more reasonable 40% from 3 pt range instead of 70% and lebron drops the triple double and the heat win by a slim margin. Are we not having a completely different conversation about how lebron answered his critics with a triple double performance? I think your letting the outcome of the game, which was dictated entirely by the maverick's absurd 3-pt FG percentage, not any one player disapearing in the 4th quarter, skew your perception. You are playing the result.

So when do you think he picked up a bunch of those 10 assists? Let me ask you this: say the mavs shoot a more reasonable 40% from 3 pt range instead of 70% and lebron drops the triple double and the heat win by a slim margin. Are we not having a completely different conversation about how lebron answered his critics with a triple double performance? I think your letting the outcome of the game, which was dictated entirely by the maverick's absurd 3-pt FG percentage, not any one player disapearing in the 4th quarter, skew your perception. You are playing the result.

In the three offensive possessions in which the mavs pulled ahead Lebron had 2 missed 3's and an offensive foul.  After those possessions the Mavs were up 5 and the game was all but over.....You can try to spin this all you want but Lebron, once again, failed when his team needed him the most. 

actually only one of those shots was a three but either way the point still stands. 

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

I think the 3 pt shooting was making up for how horrible the Mavs been shooting all series.  I thought maybe it was defense but they were uncontested shots and even layups.  JJ Barea destroyed the playoffs and couldnt hit open layups for some reason the first 4 games.  Terry ihas figured out he can beat lebron by running off double screens and tiring him out, and its working. 

basically this series is coming down to coaching and Carlise is a 10X better coach than Spolestra.  He should be working plays for Lebron.  But to put blame on Leborn why cant he play with his back to the rim.  Thats how you are going to get it when defenses dig deep.  This isnt going to Miami Heat style in Novemeber when its all fast breaks.  Lebron once again disappeared scoring-wise in the 4th.  He missed clutch shot after clutch shot and committed a corectly called offensive foul. 

This series is far from over, like Dirk said its almost like they did their job and won their 3 on the road (though it didnt happen that way).  Now they need to steal one in Miami.  If Dallas shoots the way they are capable I feel they have it. 

Dirk is proven again unguardable.  Its great to see how he has improved and how much this really matters to him.  If Im the Mavs I go after wade often and early in game 6.  See what that hip is all about and tire him out.  No wade, no heat.  I play game 6 like its game 7 and dont give them a chance.  One of the best NBA finals in a long time. 

• Content Count:  639
  • Days Won:  0

there goes my Heat in 6 prediction  :D

Great series

In the three offensive possessions in which the mavs pulled ahead Lebron had 2 missed 3's and an offensive foul.  After those possessions the Mavs were up 5 and the game was all but over.....You can try to spin this all you want but Lebron, once again, failed when his team needed him the most. 

70% 3 pt shooting trumps all. The only reason why we're talking about this is because the heat lost, otherwise, its either a non-issue or a great game by lebron.

Archived