• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Heat over Mavs in 5 or maybe 6

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

The Heat will still win the series, and my bet is Lebron goes for close to 40 in game 6

Jordan would throw up 50-60 in this next one...just sayin...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

All I'm saying is lebron is not why the Heat lost that game.

Apparently, though, he was one of the reasons why they didn't win the game ....

Hard to place the blame anywhere but perimeter defense. this was probably the best all around team-offensive game the heat have had in the playoffs. They just fell victim to a couple of hot hands.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

All I'm saying is lebron is not why the Heat lost that game.

Apparently, though, he was one of the reasons why they didn't win the game ....

Hard to place the blame anywhere but perimeter defense. this was probably the best all around team-offensive game the heat have had in the playoffs. They just fell victim to a couple of hot hands.

And at least one set of cold hands ....

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

Lebron has 2 or 3 guys on him whenever he touches the ball and is forced to pass, or misses the tough contested shots he is forced to take at the end of the shot clock. Great defensive scheme by Dallas, until it broke down in the fourth and Lebron and Wade were finding guys wide open in the paint. So I guess a triple double isn't good enough for the critics, but I'll take that performance from Lebron any night. I don't fault Lebron for the loss, the team that shoots 70% from 3 pt range always wins, and I have serious doubts of a flukey shooting game like that happening again this series. Outside shooting like that is unstopable. Must be nice to be able to jack up 3's from 4 pt range and just have everything drop.

The triple double was very impressive.  Him disappearing, once again, in crunch time was not. 

So when do you think he picked up a bunch of those 10 assists? Let me ask you this: say the mavs shoot a more reasonable 40% from 3 pt range instead of 70% and lebron drops the triple double and the heat win by a slim margin. Are we not having a completely different conversation about how lebron answered his critics with a triple double performance? I think your letting the outcome of the game, which was dictated entirely by the maverick's absurd 3-pt FG percentage, not any one player disapearing in the 4th quarter, skew your perception. You are playing the result.

In the three offensive possessions in which the mavs pulled ahead Lebron had 2 missed 3's and an offensive foul.  After those possessions the Mavs were up 5 and the game was all but over.....You can try to spin this all you want but Lebron, once again, failed when his team needed him the most. 

70% 3 pt shooting trumps all. The only reason why we're talking about this is because the heat lost, otherwise, its either a non-issue or a great game by lebron.

Bullphin, I usually agree with you but not here.  We are talking about it because Lebron didnt play well down the stretch, especially the last 4 or 5 critical possession.  If he did play well in those possessions they would have won or at least not been the reason they lost...and then we wouldnt be talking about it.  

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Lebron has 2 or 3 guys on him whenever he touches the ball and is forced to pass, or misses the tough contested shots he is forced to take at the end of the shot clock. Great defensive scheme by Dallas, until it broke down in the fourth and Lebron and Wade were finding guys wide open in the paint. So I guess a triple double isn't good enough for the critics, but I'll take that performance from Lebron any night. I don't fault Lebron for the loss, the team that shoots 70% from 3 pt range always wins, and I have serious doubts of a flukey shooting game like that happening again this series. Outside shooting like that is unstopable. Must be nice to be able to jack up 3's from 4 pt range and just have everything drop.

The triple double was very impressive.  Him disappearing, once again, in crunch time was not. 

So when do you think he picked up a bunch of those 10 assists? Let me ask you this: say the mavs shoot a more reasonable 40% from 3 pt range instead of 70% and lebron drops the triple double and the heat win by a slim margin. Are we not having a completely different conversation about how lebron answered his critics with a triple double performance? I think your letting the outcome of the game, which was dictated entirely by the maverick's absurd 3-pt FG percentage, not any one player disapearing in the 4th quarter, skew your perception. You are playing the result.

In the three offensive possessions in which the mavs pulled ahead Lebron had 2 missed 3's and an offensive foul.  After those possessions the Mavs were up 5 and the game was all but over.....You can try to spin this all you want but Lebron, once again, failed when his team needed him the most. 

70% 3 pt shooting trumps all. The only reason why we're talking about this is because the heat lost, otherwise, its either a non-issue or a great game by lebron.

Bullphin, I usually agree with you but not here.  We are talking about it because Lebron didnt play well down the stretch, especially the last 4 or 5 critical possession.  If he did play well in those possessions they would have won or at least not been the reason they lost...and then we wouldnt be talking about it.  

Not to mention there is no excuse for a player like him to only shoot 2 free throws, i mean for me that is one of the biggest things in all of this.  His lack of aggression and not asserting himself on the offensive end. That and completely ******** the bed when his team needed him the most. 

The Heat will still win the series, and my bet is Lebron goes for close to 40 in game 6

Jordan would have put out 50 or 60 this last game, you know the one after he scored a mere 8pts.  Lebron is a phenomenal athlete hes just mentally soft and not a stone cold assassin who wants nothing more than to rip your heart out like Jordan was. 

• Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

Can you imagine the heat he's going to take if he never wins one in Miami after all this?  How fitting it would end in Miami, home of Marino. Normally, at home, game 6 elimination game I'd take the home team every time as the NBA just seems to always go to game 7s, but something in my gut says Dirk puts up a "jordan like" 40 and they pull out a close one with Lebron missing the game winner.

I just came across this for the first time:

So awesome

NOBODY usually shoots 70% from downtown. This is a statistical anomaly and will not hapen again in the finals for another decade. Lebron is not why they lost that game, if anything, team perimeter defense should be to blame, but even then Mavs were knocking down contested 3's left and right, and that is how they took the lead back in the 4th.

Why just focus on the 4th quarter? (You conviently overlook the 4 assists btw... beautiful passes out of the double and triple teams into the paint). Admittadly, I'm a sports athiest: I don't believe in "clutch" or "heart" or "chemistry". These things can't be quantified, and trying to make an argument with these make believe things doesn't work or me. Im my opinion there is no difference betwen a make and miss in the 1st quarter and 4th quarter, it's all one big picture and the numbers will resolve themselves in the end. Talent will win 9 out of 10 times, while luck will get you the other 10%.

last 6 mins he had 2 pts, 0 assists and 0 rebounds. 

2pts were off a non contested layup when they were down big with about 30 secs left. 

40 in game 6?  its becoming more and more clear you never watched the nba. 

do you watch these games?  hes lucky he score 25.

Archived