• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Dear Leavitt, Call Rhett Bomar. Love, USF fans

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,577
  • Days Won:  29

History = Blackwell

8-)

Future = GrothE

;)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574
  • Days Won:  0

I see turkeysoup logged back in  ::)

:-?

notice how you can't refute the facts.  1 QB-turned-WR and 10 would-be-recruits-named-ineligible later and this whole bomar thing starts to sound more appealing.

eight (8)

• Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991

Our boosters cannot afford him

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Further,

Bomar was doing something ETHICAL that got him caught...HE was reporting ALL his earnings for TAX purposes...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Further,

Bomar was doing something ETHICAL that got him caught...HE was reporting ALL his earnings for TAX purposes...

He's a fine american.

I need to read the FULL story, it sounds like it's a doozy...   ;)

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

bomar will go to a team witha history of moving the ball thru the air and scoring points

Yeah, maybe he'll go to USC, he's looking for a school that will take a kid that violated team and NCAA rules.  I am sure everyone is just dying to get him in.

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  562

cee, ever try making a suggestion or a point without having to put down the kids that are competing for my alma mater?

Why not show a little class and make your case for the apparently ethically challenged Bomar, with out putting down current USF student-athletes?

im sorry but "academically challenged" and "accurately challeged" are far from any type of put-downs.  in fact, they are the most politically correct ways that i could have said it.

my point has been made and no one has brought up a legitimate reason why it wouldnt work out-- especially considering the track record of our own athletes and their own issues dwarf that of bomar's.  bring the boy in, maybe he'll teach our players a lesson about how to excel on the field and in the classroom.

as well as bring home some bowl trophies

You certainly illustrate another member's concern about how some people will taint all players based on actions of one or a minority.  

How do you know he is any better a student or person?  You don't.  He's clearly falsified documents to get paid for unworked hours...he likely had to sign a time sheet of some sort.  How do you know this same dishonesty has not perpetuated in grades or anything else?

Basically, you're a believer that white collar crime is "okay" right?

In any event, is your goal here to attract a QB with issues, or just to use the situation to take a couple backhands at our current players?  Seems the latter to me.

I do not need the rest of the board to chime in on my comments here, but this is illustrative of the style of posting I think is clearly made to denigrate our team, its coaches and student-athletes (qualified or otherwise).

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  562

In any event, is your goal here to attract a QB with issues, or just to use the situation to take a couple backhands at our current players?  Seems the latter to me.

listen homeboy, if you want to extrapolate something that far-fetched from my post then more power to you.  unlike many board members, i do not force people to think the way that i think.  but if you need clarification from my standpoint: i believe that this QB will be a great addition to this program.  do i think he comes without flaws? no. but i do think his flaws are miniscule compared to that of the problems of our own players.  i bring up the issues of our own players as a comparison and contrast to any concerns that board members might have in my proposal to bring him in.  i present the differences as evidence that denying bomar because of his incidences would be hypocritical to a program that admits (or fails to admit) players with other infractions (i.e.- academic inadequacies).

do i think white collar crimes are OK? no. but i'd take a white collar fellon who was busted for accepting extra schillings over someone who cant use the sine function on a Texas Instruments calculator.  let's face it, these things happen in college football programs all across america.  however, the former can be rehabilitated, the latter is just plain scary to think that someone like that would be at an institution of higher learning, much less on a football field.

if my opinion offends you, then i apologize but i wont retract my statement.

Well home____, he either is a great addition or he is not a great addition.  

Your rationale is flawed.  The players of which you speak encountered problems after we recruited them.  For Bomar the problems are there before we would recruit him.  Therefore, it would be a much worse reflection on our program to actively seek a trouble spot.  You're suggesting building a program to the lowest common denominator and that is just wrong.

Avoiding hypocrisy or setting the misfortune of some players as a standard is flawed.  Why duplicate this "track record" you so avidly point out?

I think its just too much fun for you to bash USF - much like I see on your other threads.