• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is this weeks game vs UCF our biggest game ever?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  356
  • Days Won:  0

Definitely the biggest game due to the extreme impact of the outcome.  We have so much to gain with a win, but a loss to UCF will have significant lasting negative impact.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

7 hours ago, deters- said:

Yes. This is for the right to play in our first ever conference championship. We've never had so much riding on one game before. If we win, our next game will be the most important in program history.

👆🏻..this is the biggest (most important game in history). After we win, the next one will be the biggest. It is time for us to finally win a conference championship. 

It looks like Chip Kelly is going to UF so CCS can forget about that option. Get this team fired up and ready for battle!!!

GO BULLS!!!!! 🤘🏼🤘🏼🐂🐂🤘🏼🤘🏼

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

1 hour ago, NJUSFBULL said:

Definitely the biggest game due to the extreme impact of the outcome.  We have so much to gain with a win, but a loss to UCF will have significant lasting negative impact.

I think you are overstating the negative impact if we lose to UCF.

They are undefeated, ranked in the top 15 and a 10+ point favorite at home.

So, we are expected to lose to them.

If it is a close, competitive game and we lose, there will be very little negative impact (aside from people on this board).

If we get blown out, then it will be worse, but UCF is beating just about everybody by a wide margin.

All the pressure is really on them at this point. ANY loss to us would be much more significant.

When two good teams meet, SOMEONE  has to lose.

Win or lose, I'm just hoping it is close in the 4th quarter. If it is, I like our chances.

So far this season, UCF has not had to deal with any adversity.

Last year, we didn't make it to the CCG, but after the bowls were over we were the only AAC team still ranked.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  59

8 hours ago, jasonb56 said:

With so much riding on the line for USF on Friday, it got me thinking if we have ever been in a game with more on the line?

This was supposed to be USF's year, we were the school who everybody picked to win it all in the AAC, and then UCF has overshadowed us by week 6... That said everything can change on Friday when we win.

I know we were #2 once, and had a huge game with Rutgers... no USF fan will ever forget that.

I know we could have beat UConn and maybe sneaked in to a BCS bowl I think in 2005 or 2006.

I just feel like winning this game at this moment will be the biggest step USF can take for the nation to look at us as the G5 team on top. that is... until we play Memphis :-)

Or maybe just too much Green and Gold adrenaline pumping through my veins!!

Go Bulls!! 

This is no doubt a big game, but USF vs. Rutgers was bigger.  I was there.  It was a night I'll never forget.  That great, close game loss most likely deflated the team.  At the time, no one could believe that we were #2 for that brief moment of glory.  If memory serves me correctly, I remember Jimmy Johnson on television shaking his head, indicating no way we should be number two.  Had we won that game, I think that we would have won out and wound up in the national championship game (vs. Ohio State?) in a year when there was no clear cut best team.   

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

We were expected to beat Buttgers....the game friday could be program changing on a few levels....one game....

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839

28 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

I think you are overstating the negative impact if we lose to UCF.

They are undefeated, ranked in the top 15 and a 10+ point favorite at home.

So, we are expected to lose to them.

If it is a close, competitive game and we lose, there will be very little negative impact (aside from people on this board).

If we get blown out, then it will be worse, but UCF is beating just about everybody by a wide margin.

All the pressure is really on them at this point. ANY loss to us would be much more significant.

When two good teams meet, SOMEONE  has to lose.

Win or lose, I'm just hoping it is close in the 4th quarter. If it is, I like our chances.

So far this season, UCF has not had to deal with any adversity.

Last year, we didn't make it to the CCG, but after the bowls were over we were the only AAC team still ranked.

Any loss to UCF will be a negative impact. Not only rivalry bragging rights, war trophy, but conference championship and New Years 6 Bowl go up in smoke. QF is gone next year and we were favorites to win the conference this year. Anything less is a big disappointment. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  314

Biggest game in our history, no doubt. If we win it, the next game will be the biggest. If we win that, the next game will be the biggest.

Win out, and we've won the 3 biggest games in our history consecutively.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

17 hours ago, jasonb56 said:

With so much riding on the line for USF on Friday, it got me thinking if we have ever been in a game with more on the line?

This was supposed to be USF's year, we were the school who everybody picked to win it all in the AAC, and then UCF has overshadowed us by week 6... That said everything can change on Friday when we win.

I know we were #2 once, and had a huge game with Rutgers... no USF fan will ever forget that.

I know we could have beat UConn and maybe sneaked in to a BCS bowl I think in 2005 or 2006.

I just feel like winning this game at this moment will be the biggest step USF can take for the nation to look at us as the G5 team on top. that is... until we play Memphis :-)

Or maybe just too much Green and Gold adrenaline pumping through my veins!!

Go Bulls!! 

yes

so much ridding on it

but if we win the next game will be biggest game ever and if we win that game

the bowl game will be biggest game ever

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

8 hours ago, dausfbulls11 said:

We were expected to beat Buttgers....the game friday could be program changing on a few levels....one game....

winner might go to power 5 conference

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

8 hours ago, Mama_Bull said:

I sure wish I could agree with you, but we have not shown any ability to put teams away in the 4th.