• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

4* DE Jordan Woods Transfers to USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

6 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

The "three and out" statement might have a been a joke he made and people just named him that. In football you are suppose to TACKLE the offensive player so as long as he does that then I can live w/o him hitting people. the past 2 years we've had players going for the big hit and missing the player altogether, allowing us to get burned for mad yards. 

I hope Coach Strong makes it clear that no hitting is allowed, and that he's only supposed to tackle.  I mean, he should know that so USF can get the most out of him.

Maybe you can send a tweet to CCS so we can be sure he's clear about that.  

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

2 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

I hope Coach Strong makes it clear that no hitting is allowed, and that he's only supposed to tackle.  I mean, he should know that so USF can get the most out of him.

Maybe you can send a tweet to CCS so we can be sure he's clear about that.  

I never said hitting was a bad thing, but the past 2 years we had defensive players that preferred to hit and you see where that got us. 

3 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I never said hitting was a bad thing, but the past 2 years we had defensive players that preferred to hit and you see where that got us. 

Yep, it got us to within a hair of winning the AAC East title two years in a row.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,577
  • Days Won:  29

Welcome !

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Yep, it got us to within a hair of winning the AAC East title two years in a row.  

I'd say our offense got us there and our defense is what kept us from winning it.

• Upvote 3

Just now, JTrue said:

I'd say our offense got us there and our defense is what kept us from winning it.

Well, if you want to get technical, you're right about the offense, and defensively, we clearly lost it both times because our guys kept putting shoulders into opponents and said opponents just bounced off.  It had nothing to do with gaping holes that offenses exploited routinely, or our guys being out of position.  

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Well, if you want to get technical, you're right about the offense, and defensively, we clearly lost it both times because our guys kept putting shoulders into opponents and said opponents just bounced off.  It had nothing to do with gaping holes that offenses exploited routinely, or our guys being out of position.  

I don't like to get technical about anything. 

Just now, JTrue said:

I don't like to get technical about anything. 

I'll bet if I started getting technical about the different bodily functions that lead to poop, you'd be interested.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

4 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Well, if you want to get technical, you're right about the offense, and defensively, we clearly lost it both times because our guys kept putting shoulders into opponents and said opponents just bounced off.

That's gatorbull's point, I think. But regardless, D is the worst unit until they prove they're better. Maybe this guy can help us get there.

Just now, raptorcj said:

That's gatorbull's point, I think. But regardless, D is the worst unit until they prove they're better. Maybe this guy can help us get there.

Gatorbull's point is wrong.  We didn't tackle well most of the time because we weren't really in a position to.  That's a bigger problem.