• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

i didnt realize usf travels so well

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

I think the problem here may not be one of poor marketing, but of a desire to avoid exception processing in operations.

A non-season-ticket-holder who wants to buy an away game ticket is a rare duck, and processing their ticket request is expensive, probably the time alone is significantly more than the gross profit on the ticket. Which means USF loses money on each single-seat away game ticket sold (it's OK, we'll make it up on volume, LOL)

In order to reduce the losses while not pissing off the season ticket holders, they agreed to continue making these loss-leaders available to season ticket holders, but only to them. Anybody else wants in, buy them wherever you can find them. Like Randy says, though, folks getting used to buying better seats for less money are also more likely to do the same come bowl time.

No win situation.

A better solution would be to say, "Yes, we can sell you the away-game tickets, but they will cost you face + $100 to cover shipping and handling"

Win-win

Sounds like some people on this thread don't want to, or can't, pay the extra money to USF, no matter how you dress it up so that's definitely not a better solution. At least with my solution, they'd get a nifty decal to go along with being able to buy the away game tix.

So...if I buy season tickets, but can only make it to Tampa 1 or 2 times, that leaves empty seats for all the games I can't make...which sux.  But, I suppose I could sell on StubHub, or give to friends.

It would be cool if there was a great organization to donate tix to those who would love to go, but can't (boys clubs, mentoring groups, etc.).

I'm tempted to buy, so to pitch in.

You want to pitch in, join the Bulls Club.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I didn't read this whole thread, but maybe it's just that away game tickets aren't available to the general public yet and will be at some point?

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

So...if I buy season tickets, but can only make it to Tampa 1 or 2 times, that leaves empty seats for all the games I can't make...which sux. But, I suppose I could sell on StubHub, or give to friends.

It would be cool if there was a great organization to donate tix to those who would love to go, but can't (boys clubs, mentoring groups, etc.).

I wish I could Jupiter but with a kid in college and a teenager in high school about to enter college I have to think smart about my passion to see Bulls football in person. In a few years I may do this.
I feel ya. My daughter just finished her 2nd year at Berklee College of Music, in Boston, so my wallet is getting kicked in its fiscal nuts.

My son stayed local, and gets his AA in December, then off to FSU or another state school in January. I was just thinking of 2 tix at $125 each.

I was going to ask if I would see little Jupiter in one of my HCC classes in the fall, but it dawned on me "local" for you is PBCC.

PB State College, sir! :lmao:

Yup, just a few miles from our place in Jupiter, in Palm Beach Gardens (home of the Williams sisters, of tennis fame).

He's taking one for the team to help up.  They really boned a lot of kids with the spike in SAT requirements for Bright Futures, so he just missed on the SAT (though his score was higher than mine, and I have an MBA...go figure.  But that's a rant for another forum).

So...if I buy season tickets, but can only make it to Tampa 1 or 2 times, that leaves empty seats for all the games I can't make...which sux.  But, I suppose I could sell on StubHub, or give to friends.

link?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

So...if I buy season tickets, but can only make it to Tampa 1 or 2 times, that leaves empty seats for all the games I can't make...which sux. But, I suppose I could sell on StubHub, or give to friends.

I wish I could Jupiter but with a kid in college and a teenager in high school about to enter college I have to think smart about my passion to see Bulls football in person. In a few years I may do this.
I feel ya. My daughter just finished her 2nd year at Berklee College of Music, in Boston, so my wallet is getting kicked in its fiscal nuts.

My son stayed local, and gets his AA in December, then off to FSU or another state school in January. I was just thinking of 2 tix at $125 each.

I was going to ask if I would see little Jupiter in one of my HCC classes in the fall, but it dawned on me "local" for you is PBCC.

Yup, just a few miles from our place in Jupiter, in Palm Beach Gardens (home of the Williams sisters, of tennis fame).

He's taking one for the team to help up.  They really boned a lot of kids with the spike in SAT requirements for Bright Futures, so he just missed on the SAT (though his score was higher than mine, and I have an MBA...go figure.  But that's a rant for another forum).

My first job out of college was teaching at Palm Beach Gardens. Lived in Jupiter Farms at the time.

Edited by JTrue

My first job out of college was teaching at Palm Beach Gardens. Lived in Jupiter Farms at the time.

Small world...my step-daughter lives in Jupiter Farms, as do my new in-laws (several families).  The Farms were not for me, as I don't like dirt roads & well water (or having to mow 1.25 acres weekly).

link?

http://www.mybullsclub.com/?DB_OEM_ID=7700

link?

http://www.mybullsclub.com/?DB_OEM_ID=7700

thx

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  309
  • Days Won:  0

Cuse fan here...if one of you will take lead...this is a great way to go to a road game

You call the away team and ask for group sales.  For instance FSU will sell you 20 tix for $30 each.  50 tix for $25 each...breakeven point is 43 tix.

This year I'm bringing 80-100 or so to USF and Louisville.  About 25-50 to FSU.  UVA actually set up a special link for us with a discount of $25. I'm expecting 150 there.  NCSt will be about the same.

Someone who isn't afraid to front some cash...start a link asking for tix requests. Start small...maybe go for 30-40 tix.  Organize a road tailgate.  I use Payment by PayPal.  Add $5-10 to cover mailing and tailgate food/beer...it has always worked for me.  Another benefit is you control those seats so you can adjust groups if someone bails or a fan wants to add an extra person late.

Finally, this is a great way for forum posters to meet each other...anyone want more advice and tips...send me a private message here.

http://syracusefan.com/threads/usf-tailgate-thread-sat-oct-10th.86465/

Edited by TexanMark