• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Harlan to Competition Oversight Committee

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Nothing matters except football. It is the meal ticket for almost all other programs. Rightly or wrongly it gives the university the most wide spread media attention. Harlan will ultimately be judged on how well football does.

I don't think football was much of a factor with conference realignment for Syracuse or Rutgers and maybe even Pitt. So of the recent teams that bailed, UL and WVU seemed to weigh more on Football but I don't know if UL didn't have a top MBB team they'd get an invite. Academics and fan base, market size, etc. all probably had at least as much to do with an invite up. And there's schools I doubt that I'd heard of if not for BB, like FGCU. If anything, an invite to P5 is based more on the whole package than just one sport it would appear. And if we suddenly have a year in and out top 25 MBB team, that will do a lot for USF and Harlan. Harlan came from UCLA which is often in the top 10 of all 200+ D1 schools winning across all programs. Stanford usually wins the trophy each year with Florida coming in second a few times recently.

But if you mean he'll be judged by TBP entirely on how football does, sure.