• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

And since no one is talking about it......

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,395
  • Days Won:  43

A lot of wins over bad clubs. We did get one from a solid Illinois team, things look a lot better, but I want to see us as we get into the girth of the conference before I start thinking postseason.

We can't think post season this season. It is not fair for 1st year coaches. Got to give him 3 seasons. Patience! AAC is a tough conference.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Yeah, if we ever had a coach that could turn around a team in a single season, I think we'd immediately nominate that coach for the USF HoF.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

A lot of wins over bad clubs. We did get one from a solid Illinois team, things look a lot better, but I want to see us as we get into the girth of the conference before I start thinking postseason.

Bad Clubs? Like Cal State-Fullerton 37th in RPI, High Point twice (72nd in RPI) FGCU (121st), Stetson? Seton Hall? Alabama St , Florida A&M and Wagner all are leading their respective conferences. These are above average teams with a history of winning. Our SOS is 56th out of 302, You don't get to 20 wins in 29 games by beating a bunch of 'bad teams' with a top 50 SOS.

Again I invite the doubters to come out a watch. Pitching is spectacular, defense is iron curtainish and hitting does occur (which is more than i can say for the past 5 years). I'm not in the habit of promoting new coaches over old but what i can tell you is that every player I've talked to has spoken about how Prado's team was old school and Kingston's team is like a business. No criticisms, no penalties, no screaming, no running laps. You dont perform, you don play (Alfonzo) It doesnt matter how much experience you have or don't, you perform, you play (Merrell)

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  61
  • Days Won:  0

Agreed Joe happy team is doing good like to see how they do against UCONN and east carolina. If we can get 4 out of 6 or even 3 I think this team might have a chance at post season.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Bad Clubs? Like Cal State-Fullerton 37th in RPI, High Point twice (72nd in RPI) FGCU (121st), Stetson? Seton Hall? Alabama St , Florida A&M and Wagner all are leading their respective conferences. These are above average teams with a history of winning. Our SOS is 56th out of 302, You don't get to 20 wins in 29 games by beating a bunch of 'bad teams' with a top 50 SOS.

Again I invite the doubters to come out a watch. Pitching is spectacular, defense is iron curtainish and hitting does occur (which is more than i can say for the past 5 years). I'm not in the habit of promoting new coaches over old but what i can tell you is that every player I've talked to has spoken about how Prado's team was old school and Kingston's team is like a business. No criticisms, no penalties, no screaming, no running laps. You dont perform, you don play (Alfonzo) It doesnt matter how much experience you have or don't, you perform, you play (Merrell)

I mean, when you're throwing two middling teams like High Point and FGCU as good wins it tells you a lot. We'll have plenty of chances to try and win big games, and if we get through the up coming stretch well then you might away me.

And of course in true USF fashion, as soon as I start running my mouth.......6-3 Stetson

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  61
  • Days Won:  0

Just going to say that lol.  Man we cant be losing to under .500 teams even though UCF did lose too, but at least to a better FAU team.  Now they have me worried for conference play when we have to actually play good teams.  As long as we dont collapse and have an outside chance at the tournament, I think year one will be very successful, just cant be losing to teams like this.  I feel UCONN will tell us where we are headed, swept, than we are going down, win one, we will see, win 2, on the way up and potential chance at post season.

Down 1-0 through three, UConn Pitcher has a no hitter going.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172