• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Days Won:  0

...COA knows this, and he knows he won't have much time before fans become truly malcontent.

A y f k m.

Our fans are literally the worst and we should close athletics if any but a small brainless percentage are keeping company with these kinds of thought.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  1

...COA knows this, and he knows he won't have much time before fans become truly malcontent.

A y f k m.

Our fans are literally the worst and we should close athletics if any but a small brainless percentage are keeping company with these kinds of thought.

Say what you will, fan bases are generally fickle, especially when losing. It's not just ours. But I am sure he is quite aware of this fact.

I did not say that I would be one to become malcontent anytime soon either, I am a COA supporter. He needs a few years and a couple of his own recruiting classes.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

Well Holston, Morrillo, or even Mercurius has to step their weight up because we need shooters, COA knows this, and he knows he won't have much time before fans become truly malcontent. I'm still a COA advocate, and the upside is that we have three seniors next year so that will free up some space as well.

At the Arena Club before one of the last games Coach Rouca threw out a number like 9 of new faces to expect next year. With only Corey graduating my guess is some of the current roster won't be back.
Very sad to hear that if true.
How does that work? Are college basketball scholarships year-to-year? This reminds me of the old Bobby Benson movie One on One where he told the coach he shove his scholarship up his ass with the red hot poker.

From my understanding they are. I don't know how common it is to actually just not renew it or yank it, I know I hear that it's a little more common for players to leave when they hear they won't get playing time.

Probably how it will work.  "Son, I really don't see you getting on the court next year.  Of course it is up to you if you want to sit on the bench and run the scout team".  That scenario will create an opening or three.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

Well Holston, Morrillo, or even Mercurius has to step their weight up because we need shooters, COA knows this, and he knows he won't have much time before fans become truly malcontent. I'm still a COA advocate, and the upside is that we have three seniors next year so that will free up some space as well.

At the Arena Club before one of the last games Coach Rouca threw out a number like 9 of new faces to expect next year. With only Corey graduating my guess is some of the current roster won't be back.
How does that work? Are college basketball scholarships year-to-year? This reminds me of the old Bobby Benson movie One on One where he told the coach he shove his scholarship up his ass with the red hot poker.

From my understanding they are. I don't know how common it is to actually just not renew it or yank it, I know I hear that it's a little more common for players to leave when they hear they won't get playing time.

Probably how it will work.  "Son, I really don't see you getting on the court next year.  Of course it is up to you if you want to sit on the bench and run the scout team".  That scenario will create an opening or three.

I read an article not too long ago, and no, I'm not going to go back and find it, BUT all schollies are one year contracts.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

I read an article not too long ago, and no, I'm not going to go back and find it, BUT all schollies are one year contracts.

I believe you are correct.  Isn't part of this new breakaway of the P5 allowing for 4 year schollies?