• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

"The Battle For The Gold Jersey" (Voodoofive)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Loser wears pink.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

I think we need an old rusty Interstate 4 sign.  Each year, the winning school gets to add a small logo on the back along with the score and date.  The sign would remain on display on the winning campus until the opponent could win it back.  Keep in mind, a real interstate shield is like 4 feet tall, so there would be lots of room on the back.

Edited by MaltLiquorBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Just to throw something useless into the discussion;

Each school has a distinct design of their respective "GOLD JERSEY". 

ONLY the winning team AND fans are allowed to wear that "Jersey" design to the game. 

Change the name of the game to "The I-4 Gold Rush"

And how would you stop transgressors?

Silly idea, IMO

If we want a prize for winning, it has to be something tangible and singular, so it gets handed back and forth between the winners (unless someone figures out how to steal it in between - see the Stanford Axe)

I think we need an old rusty Interstate 4 sign.  Each year, the winning school gets to add a small logo on the back along with the score and date.  The sign would remain on display on the winning campus until the opponent could win it back.  Keep in mind, a real interstate shield is like 4 feet tall, so there would be lots of room on the back.

There is an entire thread on this I started. Of course, that was before USF sucked as bad as it does now so it was poo pooed.

Here is the tread, moved not even to the American board or left here, but put in the state of Florida forum. Makes no sense at all. Unless....butt hurt.

http://thebullspen.com/topic/92406-war-on-i-4/?hl=%2Brivalry+%2Btrophy

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

There is an entire thread on this I started. Of course, that was before USF sucked as bad as it does now so it was poo pooed.

I still think it's a good idea...props to you if you came up with it first.  Everything is cyclical.  In time, we'll be good and they will suck again.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I still think it's a good idea...props to you if you came up with it first.  Everything is cyclical.  In time, we'll be good and they will suck again.

The street sign was being bantered about during the first set of games that we played.  It's definitely not an original idea.  

The street sign was being bantered about during the first set of games that we played.  It's definitely not an original idea.  

The War on I4 has been around for years. Actually trying to get someone to do something on it, hasn't.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

The War on I4 has been around for years. Actually trying to get someone to do something on it, hasn't.

There were people trying to get something going in the first couple of years too, independent from athletics just like you did last year.  The interstate sign was the favorite for a trophy back then too a close second was the infamous shovel that that we used to have under CJL.....

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Don't go gettin all proud of yerself there. CMHatter preceded you by more than two years.

http://thebullspen.com/topic/80552-usf-v-ucf-trophy/