• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF @ Memphis

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I think we will all be watching with low expectations but a tempered sense of hope

Now that's reasonable. Expect the worst and maybe - just maybe - be pleasantly surprised.

Maybe.

Possible.

It's sad that that's what it's come down to...there was a time when we believed we were in every game,

now we just hope to avoid humiliation.

I'll never give up on these kids. I realized a while ago, giving up on the kids (not watching, not going, not spending) only hurts the kids. I will voice my displeasure about coaches, but I won't turn my back on those kids.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Last time I was in Memphis I went on a wild ass ride in a pink Cadillac to some over hyped BBQ joint. Reckless driver would be an understatement and I'm from Miami. Saw Graceland though, it was one of the brighter blurs of light that we passed. I was happy to get out of there with my life.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  298
  • Days Won:  1

Overton Square is great.  Spent a lot of time there when I was at NAS Millington.  I know it's changed a lot, but Bealle Street was pretty rough back then.

You wouldn't believe what the Liberty Bowl, Cooper-Young, and Overton Square look like today...

Beale in the early 90s, late 80s, was a joke...with FedExForum there, it's become really nice.

memphis_metroscenes.com_18.jpg

But I do love Tampa...it's great...when I come in February I want to:

Hit the Tarpon Springs Sponge Docks, get a Gyro, watch the sunset at aptly named Sunset Park...

Tour the Yuengling Brewery...

Busch Gardens...

Visit Ft Desoto...

Tour the USF campus and watch Memphis v USF at the Sun Dome...

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

You may find that there are many, smaller and definitely better local options around town.

Last time I was in Memphis I went on a wild ass ride in a pink Cadillac to some over hyped BBQ joint. Reckless driver would be an understatement and I'm from Miami. Saw Graceland though, it was one of the brighter blurs of light that we passed. I was happy to get out of there with my life.

Yeah, I tell people if you come to Memphis and eat at Corkys or Rendezvouz, walk up and down Beale, and tour Graceland...you haven't visited Memphis...you hit the tourist traps.

Cooper-Young, Overton Square, Memphis Zoo, Overton Park, Civil Rights Museum, Central BBQ, BBQ shop on Madison, Payne's BBQ, Germantown Commissary, Showboat BBQ, Interstate BBQ...

That's where Memphians go.

You may find that there are many, smaller and definitely better local options around town.

I just love the free samples at the end ;-)

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I was there from the fall of 84 to the spring of 85.  Favorite spot was Silky O'Sullivan's, which I now understand is on Bealle and no longer in Overton.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

See, I'm a Rendevous guys and original Corkys is fairly good. Blues city cafe is hit or miss, and central makes me feel I need Kevlar

See, I'm a Rendevous guys and original Corkys is fairly good. Blues city cafe is hit or miss, and central makes me feel I need Kevlar

I think you mean interstate bbq, Central BBQ is right next to Central Gardens in a great part of town.

I was there from the fall of 84 to the spring of 85.  Favorite spot was Silky O'Sullivan's, which I now understand is on Bealle and no longer in Overton.

Yep, Silky's got a great spot next to FedExForum...they make a killing there.

91097848.jpg