• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will Dunkley Have To Sit Out Next Game?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,354
  • Days Won:  43

Dunkley being ejected is an embarrassment to the sport. What was he supposed to do? Take the guys knees out?

Actually, yes. That's the acknowledged byproduct of this rule. Knees can be fixed, brains, not so much.

Now you see how stupid the new rules are. Football is just not he same game. It is one thing to actually head hunt in which Dunkley was not doing.  WR jumped into Dunks who was already in the air trying to make a play on the ball. I can see getting a penality but to call that intentional and eject him is wrong. They need to send that tape in and appeal it.

Well, not stupid at all, they are designed to reduce brain injury. How often has a USF player been ejected since they were enacted?

Cant recall any USF player being ejected for that rule as they just started enforcing last season. But to my understanding there are two levels of targetting. One that only gets you a 15 yard penalty which is when the helmet to helmet was not intentional. And the other Targeting that is intentional that gets the player ejected. To say that Dunks did that intentional after watching that tape, it is beyond me.  Yes he was off his feet but he was jumping straight up for the ball. He was not spearing the player. The WR jumped into him as the ball was right over Dunks head. Go look at that tape and tell me it was intentional.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Dunkley being ejected is an embarrassment to the sport. What was he supposed to do? Take the guys knees out?

Actually, yes. That's the acknowledged byproduct of this rule. Knees can be fixed, brains, not so much.

Now you see how stupid the new rules are. Football is just not he same game. It is one thing to actually head hunt in which Dunkley was not doing. WR jumped into Dunks who was already in the air trying to make a play on the ball. I can see getting a penality but to call that intentional and eject him is wrong. They need to send that tape in and appeal it.

Well, not stupid at all, they are designed to reduce brain injury. How often has a USF player been ejected since they were enacted?

Cant recall any USF player being ejected for that rule as they just started enforcing last season. But to my understanding there are two levels of targetting. One that only gets you a 15 yard penalty which is when the helmet to helmet was not intentional. And the other Targeting that is intentional that gets the player ejected. To say that Dunks did that intentional after watching that tape, it is beyond me. Yes he was off his feet but he was jumping straight up for the ball. He was not spearing the player. The WR jumped into him as the ball was right over Dunks head. Go look at that tape and tell me it was intentional.

Off his feet, jumping with his body leaning forward. The refs don't have a tv and multi angles to call the penalty, it's on field when it happens from an angle whose perspective we can't see. Some will get called that are on the edge. And in a season and a half, I don't recall an opponents team having a player ejected for it either. So it will happen on rare occasion. That's sports. I am glad it's been added, it offers a little more protection to an issue ignored for years. Edited by slick1ru2

Now you see how stupid the new rules are. Football is just not he same game. It is one thing to actually head hunt in which Dunkley was not doing.  WR jumped into Dunks who was already in the air trying to make a play on the ball. I can see getting a penality but to call that intentional and eject him is wrong. They need to send that tape in and appeal it.

Cant recall any USF player being ejected for that rule as they just started enforcing last season. But to my understanding there are two levels of targetting. One that only gets you a 15 yard penalty which is when the helmet to helmet was not intentional. And the other Targeting that is intentional that gets the player ejected. To say that Dunks did that intentional after watching that tape, it is beyond me.  Yes he was off his feet but he was jumping straight up for the ball. He was not spearing the player. The WR jumped into him as the ball was right over Dunks head. Go look at that tape and tell me it was intentional.

Off his feet, jumping with his body leaning forward. The refs don't have a tv and multi angles to call the penalty, it's on field when it happens from an angle whose perspective we can't see. Some will get csble that are on the edge. And in a season and a half, I don't recall an opponents team having a player ejected for it either. So it will happen on rare occasion. That's sports.

I seen tons of players getting kicked out for that call but they are actually diving into the player head 1st. So it does happen, we just didnt see it happen during USF games. I seen tons of those calls in other college games. The officials review the tape to determine if it was intentional or not. Dunks appeared to have jumped straight up. WR was coming his way. No way should he have been ejected. Penalty, maybe. 

Off his feet, jumping with his body leaning forward. The refs don't have a tv and multi angles to call the penalty, it's on field when it happens from an angle whose perspective we can't see. Some will get csble that are on the edge. And in a season and a half, I don't recall an opponents team having a player ejected for it either. So it will happen on rare occasion. That's sports.

I seen tons of players getting kicked out for that call but they are actually diving into the player head 1st. So it does happen, we just didnt see it happen during USF games. I seen tons of those calls in other college games. The officials review the tape to determine if it was intentional or not. Dunks appeared to have jumped straight up. WR was coming his way. No way should he have been ejected. Penalty, maybe.

Tons? You make it sound like it's called like offsides and false starts. Actual stats last season show it's called once every 10 games and that was down from once every 8 the year before. It's a good rule, for a good reason and sometimes won't be agrees on. Again, that's sports.

Tons? You make it sound like it's called like offsides and false starts. Actual stats last season show it's called once every 10 games and that was down from once every 8 the year before. It's a good rule, for a good reason and sometimes won't be agrees on. Again, that's sports.

I had seem my share of those calls. Maybe it was just luck that I happen to be watching on TV. However, I rarely see the official call it intentional and eject the player. And to be honest, the player that caused the penalty looked more intentionaly than Dunks. So that is why I am questioning the call. 

Washington had a TE ejected this month, in what the media calls a "bizarre" play. He's supposed to be out the first half of the next game but it was noted that the team's conference can overrule it in such cases.

http://www.bellinghamherald.com/2014/10/11/3908150/huskies-te-joshua-perkins-ejected.html

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1
  • Days Won:  0

Dunkley will be able to play the whole game next week. Since his ejection happened in the first half of the game he sat out the second half of the UC game. Now if the ejection would have happened in the second half he would have been eligible to return in the second half of the USF/Houston game next week. Davis is eligible to play the whole game as well pending any disciplinary action from USF. 

Dunkley will be able to play the whole game next week. Since his ejection happened in the first half of the game he sat out the second half of the UC game. Now if the ejection would have happened in the second half he would have been eligible to return in the second half of the USF/Houston game next week. Davis is eligible to play the whole game as well pending any disciplinary action from USF.

My understanding is IF it was in the second half, that the AAC can overrule the first half suspension in the second game.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  360
  • Days Won:  0

Now you see how stupid the new rules are. Football is just not he same game. It is one thing to actually head hunt in which Dunkley was not doing. WR jumped into Dunks who was already in the air trying to make a play on the ball. I can see getting a penality but to call that intentional and eject him is wrong. They need to send that tape in and appeal it.

Cant recall any USF player being ejected for that rule as they just started enforcing last season. But to my understanding there are two levels of targetting. One that only gets you a 15 yard penalty which is when the helmet to helmet was not intentional. And the other Targeting that is intentional that gets the player ejected. To say that Dunks did that intentional after watching that tape, it is beyond me. Yes he was off his feet but he was jumping straight up for the ball. He was not spearing the player. The WR jumped into him as the ball was right over Dunks head. Go look at that tape and tell me it was intentional.

I had seem my share of those calls. Maybe it was just luck that I happen to be watching on TV. However, I rarely see the official call it intentional and eject the player. And to be honest, the player that caused the penalty looked more intentionaly than Dunks. So that is why I am questioning the call.

There were a lot of questionable calls that game, or questionable lack of calls

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

that we still make those dumb penalties is about coaching

i would sit him for the entire game

coaches cant tolerate those mental mistake