• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

johnny manziel

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

ZING!

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077

there is a reason the browns have been bad for so so long

And it's not Johnny Manziel.

yes it is

manziel is a symbol of their past poor drafts

the top gm's in the league wouldnt have touched manziel in the first couple of rounds

a qb with a weak arm drafted to play in an outdoor windy stadium. BRILLIANT!!!

He doesn't have a weak arm. So it is, in fact, brilliant.

your 100% wrong and you stand in the minority

The same minorty that watched every single one of his college games. He has no problem with long routes. I don't need anyone to tell me, I've seen it.

Here are some that agree with me who watched his pro day. The only knocks against him are his size and off the field behavior, and therefore he wasn't a "safe" pick. There really is nothing to knock him in his game or ability.

Quote:

Johnny Football showed off perhaps the biggest arm in the draft. Bridgewater struggled to get deep zip on the ball at his pro day, and Bortles threw the deep ball well a week ago. But Manziel flashed perhaps the best pure arm strength of all the QB prospects, easily laying the ball out 40 yards for his receivers on several occasions. He did it both on the run and after setting his feet.

Manziel’s deep balls were particularly impressive. He ended the session by hitting Evans from about 65 yards out on the money, and throughout the workout, he got excellent touch and air on his long bombs. He showed a good feel for how and when to lay the ball out for his targets, and he didn’t throw any long incompletions.

http://m.nydailynews.com/sports/football/johnny-manziel-showcases-big-arm-discipline-pro-day-article-1.1736791

Quote:

2. Dropped passes prevent perfection

Once he took the field Manziel was nearly perfect. He threw 63 passes and completed 60 of them with little to no mistakes. Mike Evans bobbled a pass near the sideline near the middle of the pro day. He eventually recovered for the catch but may have had a foot out of bounds.

Travis Labhart dropped a pass that Manziel threw on a rope. The only other incompletion came on a bad pass from Manziel that was thrown near the turf to Labhart who couldn’t reel it in.

4. Deep ball perfection

Manziel’s arm strength was no longer in question upon leaving the pro day Thursday. Manziel completed several short passes before rolling out on a play-action pass and tossed a bomb down field that was placed perfectly in the receivers hands.

He stretched these type of throws out further and further until he completed the pro day with a 65-yard strike to Mike Evans. Upon completion Manziel could be heard saying, “Boom!â€

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/2014/03/5-thoughts-johnny-manziel-completes-pro-day-full-of-surprises-in-a-near-perfect-performance.html/

Quote:

Johnny Manziel shines at circus-like pro day workout

"He showed us he can make all the throws," NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner said. "That deep ball was impeccable. Great touch, good enough velocity and was able to set it out there."

Manziel completed 61 of 64 passes Thursday at Texas A&M's indoor facility. He had one blemish with a throw that was too low, but was otherwise on target with just about every throw. One throw was caught out of bounds and the other incompletion was a drop.

Mayock compared Manziel's arm strength with the other top quarterback prospects in this year's draft -- Blake Bortles and Teddy Bridgewater -- and said Manziel's arm was at least as strong as Bortles' and looks stronger than Bridgewater's. Mayock raved about Manziel's competitiveness and said Manziel confirmed that he can make every throw mechanically.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000337482/article/johnny-manziel-shines-at-circuslike-pro-day-workout

the college game is so different than the pro game

SUCCESS IN COLLEGE DOESNT NECESSARILY TRANSLATE TO SUCCESS IN THE PROS

before i never gave this knucklehead a second thought but now i will take great pleasure AN Pride to SEE HIM FAIL AS AN NFL QB

HE WILL never succeed as a an every day  qb

at best he may be a situation wildcat type guy

he isnt even better than last year's cleveland starter

i cant wait to be proven right again!

• Upvote 1

the nfl workout when the qb plays catch never impressed me

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,682
  • Days Won:  8

there is a reason the browns have been bad for so so long

And it's not Johnny Manziel.
yes it is

manziel is a symbol of their past poor drafts

the top gm's in the league wouldnt have touched manziel in the first couple of rounds

a qb with a weak arm drafted to play in an outdoor windy stadium. BRILLIANT!!!

He doesn't have a weak arm. So it is, in fact, brilliant.

your 100% wrong and you stand in the minority

The same minorty that watched every single one of his college games. He has no problem with long routes. I don't need anyone to tell me, I've seen it.

Here are some that agree with me who watched his pro day. The only knocks against him are his size and off the field behavior, and therefore he wasn't a "safe" pick. There really is nothing to knock him in his game or ability.

Quote:

Johnny Football showed off perhaps the biggest arm in the draft. Bridgewater struggled to get deep zip on the ball at his pro day, and Bortles threw the deep ball well a week ago. But Manziel flashed perhaps the best pure arm strength of all the QB prospects, easily laying the ball out 40 yards for his receivers on several occasions. He did it both on the run and after setting his feet.

Manziel’s deep balls were particularly impressive. He ended the session by hitting Evans from about 65 yards out on the money, and throughout the workout, he got excellent touch and air on his long bombs. He showed a good feel for how and when to lay the ball out for his targets, and he didn’t throw any long incompletions.

http://m.nydailynews.com/sports/football/johnny-manziel-showcases-big-arm-discipline-pro-day-article-1.1736791

Quote:

2. Dropped passes prevent perfection

Once he took the field Manziel was nearly perfect. He threw 63 passes and completed 60 of them with little to no mistakes. Mike Evans bobbled a pass near the sideline near the middle of the pro day. He eventually recovered for the catch but may have had a foot out of bounds.

Travis Labhart dropped a pass that Manziel threw on a rope. The only other incompletion came on a bad pass from Manziel that was thrown near the turf to Labhart who couldn’t reel it in.

4. Deep ball perfection

Manziel’s arm strength was no longer in question upon leaving the pro day Thursday. Manziel completed several short passes before rolling out on a play-action pass and tossed a bomb down field that was placed perfectly in the receivers hands.

He stretched these type of throws out further and further until he completed the pro day with a 65-yard strike to Mike Evans. Upon completion Manziel could be heard saying, “Boom!â€

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/2014/03/5-thoughts-johnny-manziel-completes-pro-day-full-of-surprises-in-a-near-perfect-performance.html/

Quote:

Johnny Manziel shines at circus-like pro day workout

"He showed us he can make all the throws," NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner said. "That deep ball was impeccable. Great touch, good enough velocity and was able to set it out there."

Manziel completed 61 of 64 passes Thursday at Texas A&M's indoor facility. He had one blemish with a throw that was too low, but was otherwise on target with just about every throw. One throw was caught out of bounds and the other incompletion was a drop.

Mayock compared Manziel's arm strength with the other top quarterback prospects in this year's draft -- Blake Bortles and Teddy Bridgewater -- and said Manziel's arm was at least as strong as Bortles' and looks stronger than Bridgewater's. Mayock raved about Manziel's competitiveness and said Manziel confirmed that he can make every throw mechanically.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000337482/article/johnny-manziel-shines-at-circuslike-pro-day-workout

the college game is so different than the pro game

SUCCESS IN COLLEGE DOESNT NECESSARILY TRANSLATE TO SUCCESS IN THE PROS

before i never gave this knucklehead a second thought but now i will take great pleasure AN Pride to SEE HIM FAIL AS AN NFL QB

HE WILL never succeed as a an every day qb

at best he may be a situation wildcat type guy

he isnt even better than last year's cleveland starter

i cant wait to be proven right again!

only time will tell

I agree college success doesn't necessarily translate into the pros

• Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

the nfl workout when the qb plays catch never impressed me

True that

• 2 weeks later...

manziel not doing so well my peeps tell me

management and owner clearly have buyers remorse

he needs to stop saying he wants to have fun

he sounds like a 5 year old

he is a professional and is being paid to perform and win

fun isn't an element in the equation for an nfl qb

manziel is doing much better 

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,682
  • Days Won:  8

manziel is doing much better 

Pass from his own 52 yard line to the end zone to make it 24-23... with 00:00 remaining... 

He has no arm strength remember... 

Browns lose on the 2 pt conversion... 

Too bad Clevands Offensive line sucks balls... neither QB has time to make good passes... The redskins pass rush had Manziel flustered. Receivers dropping passes from Hoyer... Looks like QB isn't Browns largest concern. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049

where is the 52-yard line?