• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Forgive me, but I'm just so pumped up...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

http://www.espncricinfo.com/asia-cup-2014/engine/match/710301.html

Pakistan vs. India. Pakistan fires multiple times and holds India to an average at best score of 245. 

Pakistan then rolls early, collapses a bit in the middle, then rallies back in the middle to late overs to take control of the game again. 

Then India fires back in the last 2-3 overs to keep themselves in the game. 

Then Shahid Afridi shows why Pakistan is NEVER out of a game with him with to massive shots for six to finish of India! 

THRILLER! Never doubt! 

This is cricket!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

This could be our first ever cricket thread in here ... 

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

This could be our first ever cricket thread in here ... 

...and last.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

You see, the bowler hurls the ball toward the batter who tries to play away a fine leg. He endeavors to score by dashing between the creases, provided the wicket keeper hasn’t whipped his bails off, of course.

You see, the bowler hurls the ball toward the batter who tries to play away a fine leg. He endeavors to score by dashing between the creases, provided the wicket keeper hasn’t whipped his bails off, of course.

:lmao:

That's actually amusing. 

And guys, I might make another thread...if Pakistan wins the Asia cup next weekend. We'll see though. 

Seriously, I love cricket. It's my second sporting love after football. 

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

That's a Family Guy quote but it's actually not that far from truth lol

It seems like the most cricket I watch is when I'm on cruise ships. They have such a huge Indian/Pakistani population on the crew that there's always some cricket on the obscure satellite channels and it's somewhat entertaining once I re-learn how it's played every year.

It seems like the most cricket I watch is when I'm on cruise ships. They have such a huge Indian/Pakistani population on the crew that there's always some cricket on the obscure satellite channels and it's somewhat entertaining once I re-learn how it's played every year.

Depends on what you're watching. I can, but not every one can sit through a test match. It's just a very tough thing to do. ODIs? Easier to watch, for sure. T20s? Now those are four hours of fireworks...and if you're bored later this summer the World T20 will be on WatchESPN...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

Depends on what you're watching. I can, but not every one can sit through a test match. It's just a very tough thing to do. ODIs? Easier to watch, for sure. T20s? Now those are four hours of fireworks...and if you're bored later this summer the World T20 will be on WatchESPN...

Don't some games, matches, whatever, go on for days?

Don't some games, matches, whatever, go on for days?

The Test matches do. They can last up to five days. There used to be a format called a "timeless test". Those could theoretically go on forever, but they were scrapped a few decades ago. 

ODIs are usually about 8 hours-so be prepared to give your day up. Bright side,if you go see it live, they usually have a lot of berm seating...so you can tailgate practically all game I'd assume (haven't had a chance to go to a game). There's actually a full sized international standard pitch down in lauderhill, about an hour north of Miami. the U.S. usually plays it's Auty Cup matches against Canada there. You also sometimes see an international match there every couple of years-usually a T20I, and they hold them on back to back days. The West Indies played New Zealand there last. THere was talk of a Pakistan-West Indies series there but they couldn't get the visas cleared in time last year. 

T20s (also known as twenty twenty) are 4 hours long at most. They're so short that it's a constant climax the entire game. Huge shots, tons of scoring, sudden changes in momentum...it's not dissimilar from watching an Arena football game. Most people think the T20 format is the easiest to export to the United States, but as you can guess, it hasn't really taken much hold, mostly because our national team is awful. 

So Pakistan made the final against Sri Lanka on saturday at 3 AM. 

I'm probably going to post another thread for it just for the fun of it...so expect a bit of an overnight thread fest.