• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

St. Louis requested to be traded...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Terrible that the Lightning had to trade St Louis.  But if this is really about him not being picked for the Canadian Olympic team then I've lost a lot of respect for St Louis.  He's really being a whiny baby.  He was the first alternate.  

In real life we don't all get what we want all the time.  Maybe if he played a bit of defense once in a while he'd have been picked for the team first.

Really annoys me when players think they deserve special attention.  Respect is earned, not given.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,720
  • Days Won:  3

Esposito now looks like an idiot. I wonder how he responds to this....

Yzerman has now run the greatest No.1 and 2 all-time Lightning players out of town.

Terrible that the Lightning had to trade St Louis.  But if this is really about him not being picked for the Canadian Olympic team then I've lost a lot of respect for St Louis.  He's really being a whiny baby.  He was the first alternate.  

In real life we don't all get what we want all the time.  Maybe if he played a bit of defense once in a while he'd have been picked for the team first.

Really annoys me when players think they deserve special attention.  Respect is earned, not given.

I can understand the view that it wasn't his right to be selected, but try and see it from St. Louis' perspective.

Imagine if you were told your whole life that you are too short and small to play hockey. You had to work your way to the NHL after being undrafted, and then become one of the best players in the league (don't forget he won the scoring title last year). Imagine that you are one of the greatest at what you do and when your manager won't vouch for you...you'd have to be hurt. It would be very difficult to give your all if you know your GM doesn't even respect you. 

Edited by Leviathan

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

This guy won Tampa  a Stanley cup! He's won pretty much every award in the league! He's led the league in scoring multiple times! What more does he need to deserve respect?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Yzerman has now run the greatest No.1 and 2 all-time Lightning players out of town.

I can understand the view that it wasn't his right to be selected, but try and see it from St. Louis' perspective.

Imagine if you were told your whole life that you are too short and small to play hockey. You had to work your way to the NHL after being undrafted, and then become one of the best players in the league (don't forget he won the scoring title last year). Imagine that you are one of the greatest at what you do and when your manager won't vouch for you...you'd have to be hurt. It would be very difficult to give your all if you know your GM doesn't even respect you. 

Only problem I've got with that is that you don't give your all for your GM, you give it for your teammates .... and Marty was doing just that after getting back from the Olympics. My biggest disappointment is that, in my eyes, he bailed on his team ... during a playoff run. This could have been done in the off season.

This guy won Tampa  a Stanley cup! He's won pretty much every award in the league! He's led the league in scoring multiple times! What more does he need to deserve respect?

Not a thing ...

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259

Not a thing ...

Too many people like you as Bull fans seem to think that success a decade ago gives you carte blanche for the next century I guess. MSL asked to be traded because he felt slighted by not making the Canadian Olympic travel squad. A team Captain acting like a friggin infant.  It's seems to be ALL ABOUT MSL and not about the Lightning.  I say.......thanks for the Stanley Cup ten years ago............good luck in NY where they seem to love self-centered athletes nearing the backside trough of their career.  

Not a thing ...

Too many people like you as Bull fans seem to think that success a decade ago gives you carte blanche for the next century I guess. MSL asked to be traded because he felt slighted by not making the Canadian Olympic travel squad. A team Captain acting like a friggin infant.  It's seems to be ALL ABOUT MSL and not about the Lightning.  I say.......thanks for the Stanley Cup ten years ago............good luck in NY where they seem to love self-centered athletes nearing the backside trough of their career.

Stick to your whining about AD's. That seems to be your area of expertise <snicker>. You obviously don't have a clue if you think Marty's success ended 10 years ago. I said that I had a problem with the way he's handled this but that has nothing to do with the respect he's earned as a player here.

Only problem I've got with that is that you don't give your all for your GM, you give it for your teammates .... and Marty was doing just that after getting back from the Olympics. My biggest disappointment is that, in my eyes, he bailed on his team ... during a playoff run. This could have been done in the off season.

Yzerman could have waited until the end of the season, too. Ultimately it was Yzerman's decision to trade him. 

This whole situation is bizarre. Hopefully it works out in the long run...