• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone think What BJ could had been if He had the right head coach?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

To OP, yeah, I've thought about it a lot after seeing how well BJ ran the pre-season 49ers offense. I couldn't believe how well he was doing on accuracy and decision-making--he was a different (better) player than he was at USF. I don't know that Leavitt OR Holtz developed him like he needed for the pro's, but by default Leavitt's offense highlighted his athletic skills more.

And yet, he was cut.

I honestly had doubts that BJ could pick up the playbook of an NFL offense and execute it with any confidence, but my doubts were dissolved. He clearly out-performed another roster QB (Tolzien), and made better decisions with better accuracy than the #2 (McCoy). The cut didn't really make sense to me, but as long as he can continue to develop in the system, I think he'll eventually get his chance.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

To OP, yeah, I've thought about it a lot after seeing how well BJ ran the pre-season 49ers offense. I couldn't believe how well he was doing on accuracy and decision-making--he was a different (better) player than he was at USF. I don't know that Leavitt OR Holtz developed him like he needed for the pro's, but by default Leavitt's offense highlighted his athletic skills more.

And yet, he was cut.

I honestly had doubts that BJ could pick up the playbook of an NFL offense and execute it with any confidence, but my doubts were dissolved. He clearly out-performed another roster QB (Tolzien), and made better decisions with better accuracy than the #2 (McCoy). The cut didn't really make sense to me, but as long as he can continue to develop in the system, I think he'll eventually get his chance.

Harbaugh has clearly demonstrated he doesn't make depth chart decisions based on seniority.  He kept Tolzien because he believed Tolzien to be a better option.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

And yet, he was cut.

Harbaugh has clearly demonstrated he doesn't make depth chart decisions based on seniority.  He kept Tolzien because he believed Tolzien to be a better option.

But he didn't. Tolzien was cut & went to GB where he was equally unimpressive, while Harbaugh brought in Wallace instead of promoting BJ. Strange decision IMO.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

And yet, he was cut.

But he didn't. Tolzien was cut & went to GB where he was equally unimpressive, while Harbaugh brought in Wallace instead of promoting BJ. Strange decision IMO.

True, I forgot that he brought in Wallace.  Nevertheless, he wasn't ready to trust Daniels.  I hope BJ is an NFL starting QB some day, but there is a reason he is on the practice squad.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Yes

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

And yet, he was cut.

How many OCs did he have at USF? 3? He had to learn a new offense just about every year.