• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Leavitt to be promoted?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Niners DC is being rumored as new Vikings HC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

... no?

Vic Fangio, the 49ers' defensive coordinator, has not been mentioned in association with the Vikings job, from what I've seen. It was just reported that Minnesota would interview San Francisco's offensive coordinator though.

Fangio did interview to replace Mike Shanahan in Washington, but they didn't hire him. I haven't seen him linked to any other jobs. Even if he did go elsewhere, I believe there are other guys on their staff likely to get promoted internally before Leavitt, and that's assuming they even choose their next defensive coordinator from someone currently on staff. Their defensive backs coach, Ed Donatell, has been a defensive coordinator for both the Packers and the Falcons in the past. They also have an assistant named Peter Hansen who works closely with Fangio in preparing scouting reports, studying film, and other stuff; he filled the same role working with Fangio and Harbaugh at Stanford, and Harbaugh supposedly has a very high opinion of him.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10277775/minnesota-vikings-interview-49ers-offensive-coordinator-greg-roman

49ers offensive coordinator Greg Roman will interview Saturday for the Minnesota Vikings head-coaching job, one day before San Francisco plays the Carolina Panthers in a divisional playoff game, league sources say.

It will be the continuation of a chaotic week for Roman. After San Francisco beat Green Bay on Sunday, Roman interviewed in Chicago on Monday for the Penn State head coaching position, a job Vanderbilt coach James Franklin reportedly landed. Roman then flew back to San Francisco and spent this week preparing for another head coaching interview and Carolina.

It also puts Roman in a tricky spot. A win would help the 49ers and his credentials but might wind up hurting his candidacy as some teams do not like to wait too long to hire their head coach. The Vikings also were interviewing 49ers defensive-line coach Jim Tomsula this weekend, sources said.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

to what?

i imagine he would have to leave sf

happy for him as long as he isnt coming back to usf

• Downvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

to what?

:facepalm:

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

to what? i imagine he would have to leave sf happy for him as long as he isnt coming back to usf
NFL Commissioner

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Sorry, accidentally posted this in the BJ Daniels thread. Reposting it here, where I meant to put it:

Didn't want to start a new thread about this, but I also just caught site of Jim Leavitt for the first time. I usually watch for him when I see 49ers games, but I've never seen him on the sideline, which leads me to believe he is usually up in the booth instead of on the field. But after Willis made that pick a few minutes ago, I saw Leavitt in his face on the sideline talking to him about something in typical intense Leavitt fashion.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

to what?

LOL, I am sure many feel the same about smazza.

Sorry, accidentally posted this in the BJ Daniels thread. Reposting it here, where I meant to put it:

Didn't want to start a new thread about this, but I also just caught site of Jim Leavitt for the first time. I usually watch for him when I see 49ers games, but I've never seen him on the sideline, which leads me to believe he is usually up in the booth instead of on the field. But after Willis made that pick a few minutes ago, I saw Leavitt in his face on the sideline talking to him about something in typical intense Leavitt fashion.

Bowman said he gained a new appreciation for what it takes to be on the hands team, while Harbaugh had already let that bad memory slip out of his mind.

"Whatever," Harbaugh. "I've got no fingers to point right now. I'm as happy as I could be."

Bowman credited linebackers coach Jim Leavitt with getting his mind right after the onside kick.

"My coach just said, 'Let it go. Move on to the next play. We still have a shot to win' " Bowman said of Leavitt. "That really got me through it."

http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_24786276/navorro-bowman-picks-his-spot-49ers-candlestick-park

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Sorry, accidentally posted this in the BJ Daniels thread. Reposting it here, where I meant to put it: Didn't want to start a new thread about this, but I also just caught site of Jim Leavitt for the first time. I usually watch for him when I see 49ers games, but I've never seen him on the sideline, which leads me to believe he is usually up in the booth instead of on the field. But after Willis made that pick a few minutes ago, I saw Leavitt in his face on the sideline talking to him about something in typical intense Leavitt fashion.
He's on the field, but in the back by the benches the times I've spotted him.

Maybe we could hire CJL to slap smazza around a little bit (only in the figurative sense, of course).

He'd definitely have to kneel to slap that midget.

• Upvote 2